Win Accessing NFS shares via Kodi
Afternoon all,

I have my server sharing my media via NFS (most my machines are linux and NFS is fast so don't really want to swap to SMB). I can see the files in Kodi using it's built in NFS client however I can't play anything. I suspect it's something to do with the permissions in the 'exports' file on my server (ubuntu).

my shares are all mounted the same, e.g:

Code:
/MegaStore/TVShows     *(rw,nohide,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,async)

I'm sure it's something to do with the UID but I thought the no_root_squash option routed everything to anonymous anyway?

Thanks
I would changeit to all_squash and if in doubt you then can add anonuid and anongid to specify the id it should be mapped to. After that make sure that the exported dir and all its files and dirs has proper filesystem permissions for this uid. (without specifiying the anonuid it should by user anonymous - check if the permissions for this user are set properly on the export...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing NFS shares via Kodi0