Letting Backend Sleep?
Ok so this may be an easy and out question but... I've noticed whenever I have Kodi running with the pvr add-on, even at the main menu, not streaming TV from the backend, my PC backend won't go to sleep like normal. I have to sleep or shut down Kodi and then eventually the backend PC will go to sleep.

Is this setting the "backend idle time" setting under settings>live tv>power saving? Or is there something else I'm missing? WoL works just great to turn it on, it's just that after i'm done streaming TV I want my backend to sleep on it's schedule.

Thanks,
Mike
How often is your pvr set to pull epg data from the back end?
I think i have it set to every 120 minutes and set to NOT get it while streaming TV.
I had it the same and also had my backend set to sleep after 3 hours but it never would because the front end was pulling info every two hours I suspect. I changed it to pull data every 8 hours or so and now when I wake up in the morning my backend pc is asleep. Not sure if this helps but was my experience.
That makes sense for your case, but I have my backend set to sleep after 30 minutes, way less time than 120 mins. Hmm...
On your pc from the command prompt type "powercfg -lastwake" without the quotes and maybe that will give you a hint as to what is keeping it awake...also try powercfg -requests
I've tried looking up that stuff, don't get any results. I'm almost positive now it's the kodi devices running. If I turn off the client my backend PC goes to sleep almost exactly 30 minutes later which is what I have Windows set up to do.
Have you checked the 'General' tab settings in swmc? Turn off 'Suspend system sleep mode when clients are online'
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Letting Backend Sleep?0