looking for MY perfect device (cookies inside)
Sup guys,

i need two new mediaplayers for my bed- and livingroom and can't really decide...
Until now i had a Raspberry 1 running openELEC + Chromecast in my bedroom and a Zotac ZBOX ID18 (Celeron, 2GB RAM, 64GB SSD) running Windows 7 + Kodi in my livingroom.

I want to upgrade from the Raspberry (since i find it kinda slow) and gave my Zotac to my parents, since the needed a cheap pc just for skyping with our family.
The New devices shouldn't be too expensive (thinking about a maximum of 150 €uropean bucks each, less would ofc be great!)

Infos:
- I've got a Nas
- The Network connetion should be wired (not a big fan of wirelessLAN)
- AV receiver in my living room (denon x1000)

What i want:
- preferrably dualboot (fo.ex. openelec+linux/windows -> for Steam inhome streaming, i don't really like to start openellec manually from the os)
- support for up to 1080p 3d MKV
- DTS Sound should work
- A Browser that supports flash (for streaming things from the internet ) <= this is the thing i found the hardest to find

Nice to have:
- CEC (loved it on my raspberry)
- Emulation (Nes, Snes, Sega...)

I kinda was thinking about getting a chromebox (dunno if hp or asus?) since i could get the hp one for 110€, but im afraid of it only having 16gb disksize...and me wanting to dualboot openelec+full os

i sure you guys can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

...sorry for tricking you...there actually are no cookies.
Hiya,

Have you had a peek over in the Zotac BI320 thread ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211925

I like Choc Chip too, damn Sad

Thanks for the reply,

yeah i've already seen it, its just, the box alone is 130€ and ill still need a ssd and ram, so its not that much of a dealbreaker for me.
Plus its the same case as my id18 used to be, and tbh i find it somewhat fugly =/

The Pipo x7 sounds just perfect for just a 100 bucks, looks and hardware-wise, but since its only 32-bit uefi it won't do the trick...at least unless somebody finds a way to update the bios or smthn...this would be exactly what im searching for, since i dont need usb 3.0 or gigabit-lan

Sad now i feel guilty...sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for MY perfect device (cookies inside)0