Using video add-ons through a web interface?
Hi Mizaki,
i looked bit more into it now. it seems awxi and chorus do it a different way with same result:

chorus json/rpc request:{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.GetAddons","id":1,"params":["xbmc.addon.audio","unknown","all",["name","thumbnail","enabled"]]}

awxi json/rpc request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params" : { "directory" : "addons://sources/audio", "media" : "music", "properties": [ "file" ], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "file" } }, "id": 1}

so i do it different than awxi but the same way as chorus, but i select not for xbmc.addon.audio but xbmc.python.pluginsource.

the difference is, then there is a the media attribute which can be (or):
"video",
"music",
"pictures",
"files",
"programs"

i do video, but shoutcast works perfectly (and it's the only one i have). problems i have with some search functions. but i bevlieve i can't help that. Why Awxi and chorus concentrate on music? i don't know, maybe a developer flavor choice: this works for sure better, or they just care more about music. if you like awxi or chorus, but want to get more addons in the list, i am pretty sure if you just modify localy the above mentioned json/rpc call, it will work pretty well too (did not try it, i recomend better use my webinterface Tongue (future release))

no, actually, until know it works as expectet except some hickups, which is more about the addon i guess. i even could replace my whole "search youtube within my interface and play on kondi" because the youtube plugin also works surprisingly well even with search function.

Long speaking short: even when you have the "wrong" type, it works pretty good, as far (which is not so far) i could test.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Actually I try to show video addons in the video section and audio ones in the audio section Wink I probably do it the old way as that used to be the only way. It still all comes down to the addon as JSON-RPC is limited.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
hehe, yeah i see now... shame on me Tongue
looks very nice.
thanks of you, i just found a ugly bug in my solution.
well to be honest, for me it's not logical that you have an addon section, but you have this whole thing in "files". i would not search there for such a great feature.

as i see it, your way is ins some cases faster, but that could be, since i still am "exploring" and did not optimise my requests, it is more a feeling than a measurement...

yes it is, but it's better than i hoped...
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
one part was indeed of not optimised requests on my side.

but what i can confirm now: "media" : "whatever" type is quite important. if you place video and open an audio plugin, it has in some cases quite exessive time to manage things. it works, but very slow.

edit: i am not so sure, but the way chorus does it (in my expample above it uses media type "unknow"), it is quite fast as well, while with the getdirectory method as i said, it is a big difference in some cases

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using video add-ons through a web interface?0