ExtremeFeeds.py improvement
Smile 
Hi Folks,

i couldnt find out the author of the ExtremeFeeds script Wink but a small improvement will prevent the videos from hanging and frequently buffering.

Simply change line 214 in extremefeeds.py (within PlayScene(self)) from:

request = urllib2.Request(CONTENTURL+'?ext='+FEEDID+'&vol='+VOLUMEID+'&scene='+SCENEID)

to

request = urllib2.Request(CONTENTURL+'?ext='+FEEDID+'&vol='+VOLUMEID+'&scene='+SCENEID+'&speed=low')

(forget the newline above)

the additional "speed=low" seems to solve the caching problems and quality doesnt decrease at all (as far as i think)

Have Fun
mrDude
did it work?
yeah, but it made all of my videos EXTREMELY CHOPPY, gf says they're "unwatchable"

but havent run into a buffer underrun yet, good job, is there like a medium instead of low?
So, whats the concensus? Shoudl this be added? If so, i'll do so and update XBMCSCRIPTS but I honestly think the web site simply has a crappy connection and can't stream fast enough.

I also have a bunch more like this that I'll be putting out one of these days. I have to at least add some error checking to them before release. If there is enough interest in streaming content scripts like these I'll work on them more often.
yeah bro, these scripts are totally awesome. In my humble opinion, I dont believe this should be added. On account that, yes, it does provide a buffer underrun fix, but at the cost of the script not being fully functional.

I love using these script apps. Good stuff and good speeds on a good machine

keep up the great work man. RELEASE MORE, lol

-Stubbs
Could there be a setting to change it?
2 new scripts posted. CAMZ and FULLONDVD
Great work!!! Is there any possibility to use the cachedhttp.py with these scripts?
I'll look into it. I'm sure i can adapt to using it.
In looking at cachedhhtp I probably won't implement until I start grabbing thumbnails. For now it won't offer much and I would have to modify the module to allow me to specify a referer.
thebitjockey Wrote:In looking at cachedhhtp I probably won't implement until I start grabbing thumbnails. For now it won't offer much and I would have to modify the module to allow me to specify a referer.

thanks for your answer! Smile
hi bitjockey mr. refererkiller,

keep up the great work. i didnt know, that you´re the author of the script Wink

greets
mrDudeCool
Hey guys

None of the feeds seem to work for me since the last 2 xbmc releases. Debug indicates malloc error but it appears like it cannot recognize the url. Is there something that needs to be done to get all these feeds to work properly on xbmc? I dont have this trouble with youtube or googlevideo. Just the ooba and extreemfeed..any help?
Huh... just discovered this script and it rules. I was wondering though how hard it would be to make an addition that allows the saving of the stream to the HD for watching later?

I've had a look at the script but I'm a perl guy not a python guy so it's a bit greek to me. I can see what it's doing but would it be hard to save the stream to HD? Where I am even in low quality the video stopps for buffering so often it's annoying. My GF gave up in exhasperation trying to watch some movies last night. If we could save em to HD then watch them when they are complete, that would be ideal. There are a few apps like this for PCs (asfsave, mimms etc etc)

Thoughts?
You could save it via a PC as I think this particular site streams via HTTP. My suggestion, get firefox, get 2 extensions, REFSPOOF (for spoofing referer) and Media Player Connectivity (allows you to use a full media player and see the actual media URL instead of playing media embeded in the page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ExtremeFeeds.py improvement0