kodi crashes as user "pi" for database-errors but works as user "root"
Hi everyone,

I just installed Kodi on my RaspBian Raspberry 2 following this guide https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=99866

Now when I run kodi-standalone as "pi" I am getting a black screen and after three attepts getting warped back to console with the debugfile showing an SQL error:

Quote:18:58:44 T:1961762816 NOTICE: Running database version Addons16
18:58:44 T:1961762816 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
18:58:44 T:1961762816 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
18:58:44 T:1961762816 NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic48
18:58:44 T:1961762816 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

However, this only happens as "pi" wheras "root" can start kodi without problems.

It would seem that "pi" doesn't have some database rights that "root" has but I am lost on where to look for them/fix it.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Andreas
Assuming you have no settings saved as user pi (that you care about), then try:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /home/pi/.kodi

That will wipe the kodi config data for user Pi, which is possibly corrupt or has incorrect permissions.
This was embarrassingly easy. Thank you so much!

Now when I "exit" the screen gets black and my TV turns off - something I have read before as well.

Is there a know fix to that?
(2015-04-21, 19:29)andimq Wrote: This was embarrassingly easy. Thank you so much!

Now when I "exit" the screen gets black and my TV turns off - something I have read before as well.

Is there a know fix to that?

If your TV supports CEC, then look in system/input/periperals/cec and disable the options of what to do when kodi exits.
Can you confirm if kodi is still running when the screen is blank? (ssh in and run "ps aux | grep kodi")
kodi isn't running anymore when the screen turns black (but I am not getting back to console).
(2015-04-21, 19:52)andimq Wrote: kodi isn't running anymore when the screen turns black (but I am not getting back to console).

Are you launching with kodi-standalone?

Also try switching consoles (e.g. ctrl-alt-F2)
Yes, launching the standalone. Switching consoles works - but wondering if this is the behavior we want ;-).
Update: Now the behavior is changing and kodi is actually still running while giving me a black screen. This means I have to kill it every time I end it.
(2015-04-21, 21:36)andimq Wrote: Update: Now the behavior is changing and kodi is actually still running while giving me a black screen. This means I have to kill it every time I end it.

I assume this occurs if a video has been played.
It's a bug that has been fixed but isn't in the current build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi crashes as user "pi" for database-errors but works as user "root"0