xbmc kodi, torrents and sd card question
Hello,

i managed to install transmission and i am downloading to an external 2tb usb mybook. The problem is this hd is noisy.
So i was wondering if i used a 32gb sd card, download to that and than move files to usb hd. The problem i face now is
that the sd card (i have 8gb card that i got with the pi), has only a partition of 1gb +.

i saw in one tutorial how to use the whole space on the card. the problem is i dont know how to get into the piconfig. I have
putty installed, i can connect to pi and when i use:
sudo raspi-config

to get to the screen where there is an option to use the whole space on the card i get an error saying i dont need to use sudo
since i am already an admin or something similar to that.

Is there a way to get to raspi-config any other way?

Thank you for your time!!

Regards,
HEki

p.s. i dont know which version i am running, since i am at work and i cant check it, but i did a fresh install of xmbc kodi a few days
ago ... if that helps Smile
It would clarify things if you could post what your installation is.
It sounds as if you may have installed Kodi on Raspbian, rather than using OpenElec, RaspBMC or OSMC - I think that the available tools will depend on your installation, so you might have parted which could possibly be utilised.
You won't find raspi-config with raspbmc or osmc.
Derek
i have installed NOOBS and from there on KODI XMBC 14.2 i think ...
NOOBS is a different world - do you have a link to that tutorial, as I doubt whether it applies to this context.
Derek
http://www.howtogeek.com/138281/the-htg-...erry-pi/2/

Expand rootfs ... if this doesnt work is there any other way to expand the card?

Can i install xbmc kodi on raspbian weezy?
Hm

The more i am looking at this, the more i am leaning towards buying a new router with usb. That way i can have this old mybook and use it over network to watch from and download to ... 2nd option is to buy an ssd disk and connect it over usb to pi ...

I need to sleep this thing over ...
ah its dissabled for a reason ... thank you for your time Smile
Ok i have a few qustions regarding sd cards and pi1.

Does it support 64gb sd cards and is there an easy way to use the unalocated space on the card?
Can i just format a new memory card and copy sistem from the old one? Will this boot up the xbmc?

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc kodi, torrents and sd card question1