Problem in installation via apt-get/aptitude
Following instructions in [1], I've tried to install Kodi in an Ubuntu 13.10, with "uname -ar" [2]. I've added necessary repositories, but neither apt-get neither aptitude get to locate kodi package, as it can be seen in picture below.

Does anyone has an idea on how to fix this problem?

[1] http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...tributions
[2] Linux land-of-the-free 3.11.0-26-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 04:02:06 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
13.10 isn't supported by canonical anymore therefore there are no packages being built for it.
Yes, I see... Thank you for replying, teeedubb. It's better, so, upgrade for 14.04, right?
You could edit your /etc/sources.list to change the distro name from saucy to trusty (or anything else that is supported) - that should get you the deb for that version and install it. Will it work? Probably. Will it work flawlessly? Probably. Will I guarantee that? Nope. If Kodi has dependencies on, say, a later version of a library than is installed on your system, it will break.

After that, yes, you're upgrading - or running Kodi in a chroot/VM environment, I suppose...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem in installation via apt-get/aptitude0