Help with manually correcting movie info
Please help. I'm probably doing something daft and overlooking the obvious, but ...

I have a few movies that aren't matching and pulling up any movie info from The Movie db, and therefore don't show up as Movies, only show up under files. I've fixed a couple on the past, but now nothing seems to work. So here's how I'm trying to doing it:

- All movies are straight rips from my DVDs, with the default name from the DVD. This one rips as "SEVENTH_SON.m4v.".
1. Go to Files and find the movie in question. This show the info screen but no info as it hasn't matched. The movies play fine from here.l
2. Hold [Select] until the "Enter the movie name" screen comes up. Defaults to "SEVENTH_SON.m4v."
3. Enter a new name for the movie. [Done]
4. Nothing comes back. Try multiple variations, but nothing ever seems to come back.
5. And now I'm stuck in this screen. Nothing I can do to cancel out. Being iOS version, I can't get to the [X] button. Cancel/Exit on the remote doesn't work. Lang press Cancel on the remote doesn't work. It seems the only way out now is a hard reboot (unplug) of the AppleTV. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS SCREEN?

For this movie, I've tried the following variations as there seem to be several movies of the same name on IMDB (main movie, a short and a movie from 1912)
- SEVENTH_SON.m4v
- SEVENTH_SON
- THE SEVENTH SON
- SEVENTH SON (2014)
- SEVENTH_SON_(2014
- SEVENTH_SON_(i)_2014
- SEVENTH_SON (i) 2014

My system: ATV2, jailbroken, running Frodo 12.1. Connects to a WD NAS drive using SMB.

Thanks,
Tim W.
Try adding 2015 to the filename, that's what is listed as the year for Seventh Son at themoviedb.org, which is the site used by the default scraper. The IMDB has had a different year listed for several of my movies.
It's because you're running v12. The movie scraper changed their APIs, so you are getting no results from there. I can't seem to find a link, but on the forum a few people have figured out how to manually fix this for v12.
That's odd, because most of my movies, 8 out of 10 probably, get picked up just fine. Although it does seem to be happening more often.

I'll look into upgrading anyway.

Thanks.

(2015-06-14, 07:28)Ned Scott Wrote: It's because you're running v12. The movie scraper changed their APIs, so you are getting no results from there. I can't seem to find a link, but on the forum a few people have figured out how to manually fix this for v12.
Yes, I see that when I look at TMDB. Didn't notice it yesterday as I was concentrating on IMDB, thinking it was one of the other movies causing a matching problem. I'lll try that later today.

Is there anywhere on the TMB page/site that they show the title they are matching against for each movie?

Thanks,
Tim W.

(2015-06-14, 07:21)Dinosaurs Wrote: Try adding 2015 to the filename, that's what is listed as the year for Seventh Son at themoviedb.org, which is the site used by the default scraper. The IMDB has had a different year listed for several of my movies.
(2015-06-14, 16:31)TimWhitehead Wrote: Yes, I see that when I look at TMDB. Didn't notice it yesterday as I was concentrating on IMDB, thinking it was one of the other movies causing a matching problem. I'lll try that later today.

Is there anywhere on the TMB page/site that they show the title they are matching against for each movie?

Thanks,
Tim W.

(2015-06-14, 07:21)Dinosaurs Wrote: Try adding 2015 to the filename, that's what is listed as the year for Seventh Son at themoviedb.org, which is the site used by the default scraper. The IMDB has had a different year listed for several of my movies.

It should show on the left side "alternative titles"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Anyone got any ideas on #5?
5. And now I'm stuck in this screen. Nothing I can do to cancel out. Being iOS version, I can't get to the [X] button. Cancel/Exit on the remote doesn't work. Lang press Cancel on the remote doesn't work. It seems the only way out now is a hard reboot (unplug) of the AppleTV. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS SCREEN?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with manually correcting movie info0