Search Caching
I would like to create a button in a submenu for a quick search of an addon. I am able to add the search function to my favourites, but when I click on it, it only works the way I would like it to work the first time. Once I have searched for something, when I click the button again the results from my previous search pop up. I would like this to work by the search box popping up every time I click the button. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Have a look at Super Favourites, perhaps it's what you're looking for.
I have Super Favourites installed and I use it. Is there a way to call out a SF item in the submenu?? I have been adding items to SF and then from SF adding those items to the Kodi favourites. Then, I add the items from my regular favourites to the submenu. I don't see a way to directly point a submenu button to a Super Favourite item.

I did try clicking on the search item directly from Super Favourites and it works properly. For some reason, when I add it from SF to my regular Kodi favourites, it doesn't work the same way. All I need to do is call out the SF item in the submenu. I cannot find a way to do this. Alternatively, is there a way to see the path of an item in Kodi?? I wouldn't mind manually entering in using the "Kodi Command" function of the submenu items. I just have no way of seeing it's path.
This question is best answered by the author of SF in his forum thread. My suggestion would be to replace the Kodi favourites with SF at launch. I'm not sure what you want is possible, at least you're having fun trying Smile
(2015-06-15, 02:58)xTyD23x Wrote: I have Super Favourites installed and I use it. Is there a way to call out a SF item in the submenu?? I have been adding items to SF and then from SF adding those items to the Kodi favourites. Then, I add the items from my regular favourites to the submenu. I don't see a way to directly point a submenu button to a Super Favourite item.

I did try clicking on the search item directly from Super Favourites and it works properly. For some reason, when I add it from SF to my regular Kodi favourites, it doesn't work the same way. All I need to do is call out the SF item in the submenu. I cannot find a way to do this. Alternatively, is there a way to see the path of an item in Kodi?? I wouldn't mind manually entering in using the "Kodi Command" function of the submenu items. I just have no way of seeing it's path.

I'll be pushing a new version of SF later today that will make search items work as you want them to when added to Kodi faves via Super Favourites.

Edit
Latest version 1.0.36 pushed with caching option. When adding an item from SF to Kodi faves it will ask how you want it to behave.

Currently only in my repo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search Caching0