Linux Linux Stutter Video playing
Since some time now I have a lot of problems with video stuttering. I can only judge for playing Blu-ray (movies), MKV (series) and PVR.
Whenever I play a Blu-ray (with or without menu does not matter) I get that the video is stuttering (a lot). At the same time I can see the CPU rise to 100% (at least 1 core, others are around 20~25%)

I do not have this problem when playing MKV or PVR (not noticeably).

Yesterday I have been looking for solutions:
  • Reinstalled the NVidia driver;
  • Installed NVidia driver from PPA;
  • Played with the decoding settings (auto versus software)
  • Turned hardware vdpau "equalizer" on/of
  • Compiled again a new version of GIT

I furthermore came across this thread. Unfortunately it is unanswered, but it looks like its the same error:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220029

I am able to supply whatever log you need, just tell me what you need Smile
And last, my set-up:
- Marantz SR7008 (worked in the past normally)
- Samsung 55JU7000 (but on an older TV it was doing the same but had worked in the past normally)
- Sapphire HD2 - with ION2 - Ubuntu 14.04 AND NVidia latest legacy.
We need what the "Read this first before posting" thread mentions ....

a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Fritsch, here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pmnekpvzn

It is slightly modified, because it copied additional data which I masked. But does not affect the info you need.
a complete log from top to bottom, mask whatever you feel is private but dont remove/clip/cut data out.
I chopped history (before the starting time-stamp) and indeed masked private data (I did not chop inbetween if you mean that).
Pratically top to bottom, or do you want a fresh reboot and then top to bottom (and masked my private data)?
Can you please provide a clean log? Best move your .kodi shortly away. There is soo much spamming in there, that I completely lost the overview.

Also don't cut the start, there we record systeminfo, driver version, audio caps and so on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Additionally: Your ALSA looks totally garbage - some tuning with asound.conf running?

Edit: And also disable this neptune, platinum spam for reproducing. Thanks in advance
Fritsch, yesterday I installed the PPA (edgers I believe) for the nvidia driver, to see if it solved my problems (outdated VDPAU, driver problem, etc) Unfortunately it installed all sorts of crap like pulseaudio and lightdm (brrr). However after getting it to work again it still is giving me issues like explained above.
So that is the long answer, but no, I have not tempered with the file myself Smile .

Clean Log:
http://xbmclogs.com/p9etbwn5r

Btw I just got rid of the old logs, and restarted the server after deletion.
If it really need to be an empty .kodi I will do so (later), but looking at the log it should be a lot more readable (i hope :| )
Does this only happen with this special VC-1 file?
Last week I also tried Total Recall 2012 - Bluray, had the same problem.
Dunno if it is VC-1, will check in a min.

For total Recall I get:
15:51:30 T:140022376298240 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
15:51:30 T:140022376298240 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 0
15:51:30 T:140022376298240 DEBUG: ffmpeg[7F597FFFF700]: [h264] no picture
15:51:30 T:140022376298240 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 0
15:51:30 T:140022351120128 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 11 times.

But no VC-1, that is only on the Sherlock BR. I know I had problems with BR but can only recall the above lines which triggered me.
Do I need to make you a log with e.g. Sherlock 10 min, Captain America 10 min, total recall 2012 10 min?
Yes, you need. Those above messages tell, that something is too slow - what it is, I can only see in the full Debug Log.
Okey, thnx for taking the time. Tomorrow I will make the log as described earlier.
I have made a log with various movies, in the middle I switched the menu start setings (simple menu for BR instead of start main movie).

http://xbmclogs.com/pb1wimdpd
Oki,

can you please disable JSonRpc, e.g. your remote and use the keyboard? From what I see - every json request makes your video decoding stutter - also provide dmesg | pastebinit please and check the memory consumption when that happens.

Thanks much.
I don't understand all what you want, so sumarized in my own way, please correct if I understood wrong:
- Dmesg -> to pastebin http://paste.ubuntu.com/11725757/
- New Kodi.log with json disabled (will do later)
- Memory check? When it stutters or in general during playing? Any specific command you want me to test, I remember there are multiple, or do you want htop/top?

Btw: I have no idea where the wlan message comes from because I tought I disabled it in the bios. Can be a result of the ppa nvidia driver test

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Stutter Video playing0