Linux duplicate tv episode listings
I am experiencing 2, sometimes 3, listings for exactly the same show. This is a random thing and I would prefer not to turn on debugging with the screen advisory. If I could turn off the screen advisory I would, eventually, have a logfile when such a thing happened. I have also removed a show episode (triple listing) updated the library, exited kodi, reopened kodi (make sure the episode is no longer there). then exit kodi again, put the file back into the show season folder, update the show. I have done this a couple of times and cannot make it add listings for the same show.

Again, I would be delighted to get a debug log file that shows something when this happens but I have no idea exactly when it is going to happen and would prefer to turnon the debugging without the screen advisory.

Thank you.................
If using confluence skin you can check to see the file path of the repeat and compare to see if they are different?
Navigate to the TV show and press "I" and look at the path at the middle of show info dialog

Debug screen info can be disabled via use of advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

Link: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
Thank you for the reply.

I checked the file paths on some of the listings that duplicated. One was duplicated 3 times and the other 2 times. In both cases the location was exactly the same. Its even a bit stranger than that. When I highlighted the episode, and pressed 'i', and then clicked on the result it proceeded to show me, the the 3 case, exactly the same thing for each of the three duplicates, all separated by '|' character. In the case of the 3, for instance, each of the listings, for the same thing, returned, exactly, the path information of each of the listings, separated by '|'. The same thing was true of the one that was simply duplicated. I saw no sense going further. Most of today's downloads have already occurred, naturally, today there were no duplications.

I have not yet messed with the debug display as I want to make sure I am ready to deal with that. I fear that if I was to forget to check it I may end up with a huge file that plugs my system. I will, however, get there, grab that debug log, and send it on.

I does, incidentally, seem a bit strange that the kodi program knows, or should know, that it has duplicates, in every way (path, name, etc). Just a thought........
Are those added back after manual removal? Sounds like some temporary download files to me. As @k4sh1n wrote, <loglevel>1</loglevel> will just enable debug logging and not print the regular debug information on screen.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I thought I had replied to this one but, I guess not. the last reply, from mkortstiege, made me think about something. I picked a couple of duplicated ones (one once, and one 3 times) and removed them from kodi. I then restarted kodi to make sure that they were gone (I also moved the files so kodi wouldn't find them). I then moved the files back and checked the shows for content, it found the old files and added them. There were no duplicates. During the time of the duplicates I was using the episode sort (how many episodes per series). I have since changed that sort to another. During that time, including today, I have not had another duplication. This may, or may not, be of interest. I also removed the shows again, changed the sort to episodes, moved the files back yet again, and updated everything. This time the shows which were duplicated did not duplicate. This tends to make me believe that my surmise, insofar as the episode sort is concerned, was probably wrong.

Thanks for the reply!
So the issue is solved by now?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
duplicate tv episode listings0