Can Kodi do what I need?
Hi all,

I am currently using Plex on a beefy power hungry PC but want to downsize to save some money/space.

I am considering either of the following,

HP G1 purchase and install Kodi or an AM1 AMD 5350 build and continue to use Plex.

My main need and prior reason for plex use was:

Subtitle support consistent, I used to use Kodi and the subtitles would go out of synch whereas with Plex when I transcode I never have an issue with subtitles at all. This is something I really need to be consistent. I have read with Kodi I can setup auto-dl of subtitles for all files so can't see that being a problem.

I don't really need Plex's ability to stream to devices, I rarely watch anything on a device other than my tv and if I do it is usually youtube.

I also want to setup a music server, with the hp g1 can I run kodi and subsonic at the same time? (if I run in Windows?)

So would Kodi be able to work fine for me? Cheers
(2015-07-08, 14:56)hr21 Wrote: Subtitle support consistent, I used to use Kodi and the subtitles would go out of synch whereas with Plex when I transcode I never have an issue with subtitles at all. This is something I really need to be consistent. I have read with Kodi I can setup auto-dl of subtitles for all files so can't see that being a problem.
When you auto-download subtitles then you will awlays risk them being out of sync because it downloaded the wrong subtitle or a correctly synced subtitle is not available.

Kodi will display subtitles just as good as Plex as long as the subtitles you download have been correctly syncred to the same video file you use.

Plex is not any better or worse than Kodi when it comes to syncing subtitles, and it will display the same issue if you use files that have not been correctly synced.

This is not a bug that can be fixed in Kodi or Plex, they will not blindly follow the timing set in the subtitle files that you download.
Ah I see, so it is not plex fixing the subtitles then?

Is the g1 better than the kabrini for kodi/subsonic server? Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi do what I need?0