No EPG data in Kodi. Yes in PVR backend.
Hola

I wanted to report this problem in order to know if I can do something about it.

I have always had problems getting EPG for just one of the TV providers in my country, not for the rest. I googled little bit and found some people around having also the same problem, and not necessarily with Kodi, but other systems. So it seemed that this TV provided is sending some shit in their broadscasting.

(by the way, is RTVE, the National one)

Then I was thinking maybe to grab EPG from web instead of from antenna, but it was painful to configure and results were even worse, being unable to properly map other channels, etc

To my surprise... I was lately playing with ARGUS, which is now my actual PVR engine, and found that... if you look at the PVR backed scheduler application, the entire EPG data is there! even for the "national" channel! wop!

So the PVR grabs EPG well, data is there for all channels but!... some of them are lost on their way to Kodi.

Do you have any clue on where to look to find out what the problem is?

Thank you
Try resetting the PVR/EPG database and then wait. Sometimes it can take a while for Kodi to pull the complete EPG from backend. Failing that, no idea!!
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
(2015-07-14, 10:51)rlg6767 Wrote: Try resetting the PVR/EPG database and then wait. Sometimes it can take a while for Kodi to pull the complete EPG from backend. Failing that, no idea!!

Thanks. I solved, but the usual way. Getting rid of everything and install fresh again.

I removed argus and moved to mediaportal.

(Before that, i had moved from mp to argus because of other problems.)

After enabling/disabling randomly several pvr plugins, cos when enabling jyst one somethimes it does nothing, finally mp worked.

Then the possible answer: i found an interesting option in mp epg settings, no not to check crc so make it less restrictive. Maybe is just good luck, but it works totally.

The point here is that the system overall is extremely unstable. Any update in any part can prevent others to work
If the backend has the EPG data but Kodi doesn't it is usually an issue with the PVR addon that links them together. Since you seem to have switched between different backends I'm not sure which one you're using right now, but if you're still having issues you should try talking to the guys who maintain the addon you use.
(2015-07-25, 10:03)negge Wrote: If the backend has the EPG data but Kodi doesn't it is usually an issue with the PVR addon that links them together. Since you seem to have switched between different backends I'm not sure which one you're using right now, but if you're still having issues you should try talking to the guys who maintain the addon you use.

Hi negge

I'm using MediaPortal and finally I made it work, don't know very well how, but here is always kind of "try and see.."

I have full EPG, even with colors for genres, wow

For MP is even worse because we have 3 elements: the TV backend (MP), the Kodi PVR addon, and another addon for the MP backend that links it to the Kodi PVR addon.

The new MP2 does not work apparently with the addon for the addon.

Thats why, too many elements. update one, and the chain is broken. Is always same. I have had many "stable" configuratios andthey all end failing sooner or later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No EPG data in Kodi. Yes in PVR backend.0