Start & Exit Times
Kodi 14.2 took a long time to start and exit on both my Windows 8.1 desktops. Kodi 15 RC2 sometimes starts very quickly but exit is very slow (up to 10 seconds).
Yes exit can be quite slow if you have a number of internet requests that are waiting on either a non-existent server, or waiting for a request with an incorrect path, Kodi shuts them down after a time out. Check your debug log with notepad and you'll quickly discover the 3rd party add-on that is holding up the works.
(2015-07-16, 01:53)PatK Wrote: Yes exit can be quite slow if you have a number of internet requests that are waiting on either a non-existent server, or waiting for a request with an incorrect path, Kodi shuts them down after a time out. Check your debug log with notepad and you'll quickly discover the 3rd party add-on that is holding up the works.

Thanks

How long is exit with all 3rd party add-on's disabled ?
(2015-07-16, 02:04)blueribb Wrote:
(2015-07-16, 01:53)PatK Wrote: Yes exit can be quite slow if you have a number of internet requests that are waiting on either a non-existent server, or waiting for a request with an incorrect path, Kodi shuts them down after a time out. Check your debug log with notepad and you'll quickly discover the 3rd party add-on that is holding up the works.

Thanks

How long is exit with all 3rd party add-on's disabled ?
Question becomes are they really disabled? Pick up the add-on 'Log Viewer for Kodi' (yes I know another add-on Sad and you'll get a time stamp for each function and most likely see what is holding up the show. There's no specific time to exit as each external call is dependant on external sources and your hardware and activity of Kodi at any given moment. I consider my system average, I started Kodi.. did nothing for a minute and exited; the exit took 8 seconds before the interface vanished. Suggest you turn off RRS feeds, note the time to get weather information and perhaps for the purposes of the debugging turn it off. Look carefully at the debug for time stamps that take an inordinate amount of time, their may be scanning processes in the background.
I uninstalled every add-on I don't need and it cut the exit time down to 2 seconds (from about 10). That's better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start & Exit Times0