Recently added for video nodes
Hi.

I have a setup tv shows and cartoons, both in separate folders. I have set up the home screen using CCM but I am having problems getting the recently added episodes widget to show only recent cartoons for the cartoon button and tv shows for the tv show button. Ive been looking around the forums but have not come across an answer, I apologise if this has already been discussed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Do you get any recently added? http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Confluence/Settings This actually might be a skin issue, I get recently added from both TV and Movies separately, I'm just wondering how a node is supposed to fit into this, I equate it closely to play-lists. Does the node even have a menu for recentlyadded?

something like this in your advancedsettings.xml ?

<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
<.videolibrary>
Yep I can get recently added widget to come up, but it shows both episodes from the cartoon folder and the tv shows folder. Im trying to get it so that cartoons has the widget come up with only recent cartoons and same for tv shows.

I might not be explaining it very well. In the research I have done the wiki and instructionals has said along the lines of "If you don't like the way recently added shows then change it". Which is why I have been using nodes because that is where that information is. If it can be done with playlists I will do it that way.

My actual home menu is setup with Cartoons, Family Movies, TV Shows, Movies. With each of these being in separate folders on the hard drive. What I would like is each of them to have recently added widget show only recently added to each menu item. As I said atm tv shows recently added shows both added items from cartoons and tv shows when I only want tv shows.

Thanks for any help.
You've explained your issue quite well, noting that the library is broken up into 2 distinct database files, one for TV and one for Movies, I suspect that some sort of script would be needed to extract the cartoons from the list, and the same would be true of the remaining TV shows. I created a smart play-list as a test, limiting to one specific drive 'O:" and for listing the last two weeks and sorted according to date added. From what I've read about Nodes, (I don't use nodes) you might be able to do the same sort of thing or a work-around with play-lists for both. Add-on:Video Node Editor (wiki)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Recently added test</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
<value>2 weeks</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>o:</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>
Thanks for the information, I will give it a try. Smile
The recently added list in most skins will use a different way to generate what has been added for the home screen. They don't currently read the modified node, but they could be adapted to do so, I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added for video nodes0