hello,
everyone i needs your help ..
i am new i this world of the creater
and i wants to know how i can bulid addon for kodi
http://karaoketv.co.il/
its the website that i wants to for him addon
you can find all the info, including tutorials, in our wiki:
Add-on_development (wiki)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-07-17, 19:00)ronie Wrote: you can find all the info, including tutorials, in our wiki:

Can you direct me?
I have no idea how to do it
buddy took me 2 years to learn you cant just have someone tell you how to do it where is the fun in that. i however am available to be messaged with pointers
(2015-07-19, 13:53)pipcan Wrote: buddy took me 2 years to learn you cant just have someone tell you how to do it where is the fun in that. i however am available to be messaged with pointers

oh..
Its hard to do what i ask?
you can help me to do it?
(2015-07-17, 19:59)koby50 Wrote:
(2015-07-17, 19:00)ronie Wrote: you can find all the info, including tutorials, in our wiki:

Can you direct me?

step one: read the documentation
step two: learn some python
step three: look at other plugins/add-ons
step four: just start trying
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-19, 15:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-07-17, 19:59)koby50 Wrote:

Can you direct me?

step one: read the documentation
step two: learn some python
step three: look at other plugins/add-ons
step four: just start trying

i try all the steps before .. and its complicated. you have some think that mentions what i want?
its really hard? to bulid it?
If you've tried step four then share your code and people can help point you in the right direction and highlight any errors in your code.

If you haven't got to step four then you seem to be asking someone else to write the plugin for you, and that's a very different question to asking for help.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
READ .......... COPY ............ PASTE ......... SAVE......... RUN.........ERROR ............... REPEAT if this has not happend 50 to 100 times you ent trying hard enough
(2015-07-19, 20:14)pipcan Wrote: READ .......... COPY ............ PASTE ......... SAVE......... RUN.........ERROR ............... REPEAT if this has not happend 50 to 100 times you ent trying hard enough

how i can check if its works?
i need to install the add every time .?
you can plugin that working?
how much time its take? to do it?
ive been doing my iptvmanager about 3 month but i also build a web backend and you can just edit it from C:\users\{YOURUSERNAME}\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\{YOURADDON}
(2015-07-19, 21:12)koby50 Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 20:14)pipcan Wrote: READ .......... COPY ............ PASTE ......... SAVE......... RUN.........ERROR ............... REPEAT if this has not happend 50 to 100 times you ent trying hard enough

The way I develop my addons is to start by creating a folder (as per pipcan's post) and then creating the addon.xml file (as this is what Kodi needs to make your addon/plugin accessible to users). Once that's set up I write the first version of the script. I try running the script at which point (at least 99 times out of 100) I'll get a "script failed" message. I take a look at the kodi.log file and realise I've made some stupid typo etc, fix it, and then try running the addon again.

So, to answer your questions:
"How can I check if it works?": Basically, it works if it does what you want it to do! If it doesn't then it's not working but you can check for errors in the log file.

"I need to install the add[on] every time?": No. Assuming the addon.xml file is correct then there's no need to reload (slightly different for services I think but I don't think you're writing one of those yet).

"You can plugin that working?": Sorry, not sure what you mean? If you just want to look at the code of existing plugins then you can have a look at the code in your "addons" folder.

"How much time its take? to do it?": There's no answer to this question as it depends on lots of factors: How much time do you have? Are you trying to do something very difficult? How much experience do you have at writing addons?

I'd really recommend that you go over the Hello World example and read the other posts to as there are some helpful tips in there.

When you get stuck then please come back and ask for some help.

Good luck.
(2015-07-20, 10:31)el_Paraguayo Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 21:12)koby50 Wrote:

The way I develop my addons is to start by creating a folder (as per pipcan's post) and then creating the addon.xml file (as this is what Kodi needs to make your addon/plugin accessible to users). Once that's set up I write the first version of the script. I try running the script at which point (at least 99 times out of 100) I'll get a "script failed" message. I take a look at the kodi.log file and realise I've made some stupid typo etc, fix it, and then try running the addon again.

So, to answer your questions:
"How can I check if it works?": Basically, it works if it does what you want it to do! If it doesn't then it's not working but you can check for errors in the log file.

"I need to install the add[on] every time?": No. Assuming the addon.xml file is correct then there's no need to reload (slightly different for services I think but I don't think you're writing one of those yet).

"You can plugin that working?": Sorry, not sure what you mean? If you just want to look at the code of existing plugins then you can have a look at the code in your "addons" folder.

"How much time its take? to do it?": There's no answer to this question as it depends on lots of factors: How much time do you have? Are you trying to do something very difficult? How much experience do you have at writing addons?

I'd really recommend that you go over the Hello World example and read the other posts to as there are some helpful tips in there.

When you get stuck then please come back and ask for some help.

Good luck.

thank you, i mean that if its will be hard to do it.. to someone like me that does not do it in the past .. its my first time.
what that i wants to do its to do addon for this website
http://www.karaoketv.co.il/
and that all the video form this web will be in the kodi addon.
its hard? you can start for me one video and i will Continue?
If you've never done it before then, yes, it will be hard. But that's not a reason for you not to try!

I would suggest taking an existing plugin, taking a look at the code and seeing how it handles logging in, extracting video links and providing them to Kodi.

I've not written video plugins before but if I did want to do so, I'd start by looking at this page.
(2015-07-20, 16:54)el_Paraguayo Wrote: If you've never done it before then, yes, it will be hard. But that's not a reason for you not to try!

I would suggest taking an existing plugin, taking a look at the code and seeing how it handles logging in, extracting video links and providing them to Kodi.

I've not written video plugins before but if I did want to do so, I'd start by looking at this page.

ok ok.. i found in the net plug that working in the same way that i wants if i will send it to you . you will undersand?

this is the plug
http://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.video.movixws/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi addon Building0