Solved TV show is indexed, but the seasons aren't showing up
Exclamation 
Hey guys!

I have a very weird issue with KODI.
I've got lots of TV shows, all of them are working fine.

Today I've got my hands on Shark Week (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=125051&lid=7) and it gets indexed (so I can see it in the list of the tv shows), but when I go under the show it shows no seasons there at all - it's just empty...

I've used now 2-3 hours on this issue and it's driving me nuts... Please do help!

As I can see, the problem is that the seasons aren't named "Season 1" (S01), but "Season 2015"... Somewhere on the internet in 2 different places I've found out, that 2015 should be named S28 and 2014 should be named S27 (for this tv show). I've tried it, didn't helped...

I've tried to name the seasons as "S 2014", "S2014", "Season 2014", "2014"... Nothing...
The files have been named as "Shark.Week.2014.E01.Name.here", "Shark.Week.S2014.E01.Name.here", "Shark.Week.S2014E01.Name.here", "Shark.Week.2014x01.Name.here", "2014x01.Name.here" etc... Nothing...

Could any of you guys enlighten me on what the heck is goin' on with this particular show? Smile

I've got both 2014 and 2015 seasons.

Thanks in advance!
I guess, that's confusing Wink....

As I don't think the scraper care about how the season is named, but I think the scraper cares about the count, I guess you have to count the seasons and take the number for it. For example Season 1988 = Season 1, 1989 = Season 2 and so on.

So you should name your Season 2014 "Season 27". The scraper sees the number and looks for 2014th season (which would be many seasons Wink). So try your naming for the season for 2014:

Season Name: Season 27

Filename for this season: S27E01, S27E02 and so on

This should help (I see you tried that already).

But as we can't know what your system does, please post a debutlog while scraping. And please, if the seasons aren't scraped, tried it with your and my way and post logs for both ways.

Greetings
1st - Read Naming_video_files/TV_shows (wiki) It tells you what is right naming scheme, the year is usually used in reruns but when in doubt check the tvdb website for the name that the show uses there.

In this case the using any year(s) is wrong. Dont put the year on the episodes/series thats now how tvdb has it http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=125051&lid=7

TV Shows is named Shark Week episodes inside Shark Week S01E01, etc Shark Week S27E01 etc etc.

2nd After about 10 minutes of trying, you could have already checked out Filebot http://www.filebot.net/ and used that to rename the episodes for you and Kodi then wouldn't have any issues picking up anything.

Lastly to re-iterate what David said, the season names dont matter for Kodi,
You might just try to use episode date instead of season/episode number. Kodi supports dates as an alternative to actual season/episode numbers.
(2015-07-26, 08:40)Ned Scott Wrote: You might just try to use episode date instead of season/episode number. Kodi supports dates as an alternative to actual season/episode numbers.

Yeah, I've thought of that but never gave it a go since in a matter of that week (Shark Week), many episodes are released on the same date as the other episodes this many episodes have the same release date.
(2015-07-26, 08:34)uNiversal Wrote: 1st - Read Naming_video_files/TV_shows (wiki) It tells you what is right naming scheme, the year is usually used in reruns but when in doubt check the tvdb website for the name that the show uses there.
Trust me, I did it several times while looking at this issue for 2-3 h... As I've also wrote earlier, all of my other tv shows don't give me any problems.

(2015-07-26, 08:34)uNiversal Wrote: In this case the using any year(s) is wrong. Dont put the year on the episodes/series thats now how tvdb has it http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=125051&lid=7
Tried that as well.

(2015-07-26, 08:34)uNiversal Wrote: TV Shows is named Shark Week episodes inside Shark Week S01E01, etc Shark Week S27E01 etc etc.

2nd After about 10 minutes of trying, you could have already checked out Filebot http://www.filebot.net/ and used that to rename the episodes for you and Kodi then wouldn't have any issues picking up anything.
Never heard of it. Will give it a go if everything else fails. Thanks.

(2015-07-26, 08:34)uNiversal Wrote: Lastly to re-iterate what David said, the season names dont matter for Kodi,
Yes, got it.
(2015-07-26, 07:32)David1977 Wrote: I guess, that's confusing Wink....

But as we can't know what your system does, please post a debutlog while scraping. And please, if the seasons aren't scraped, tried it with your and my way and post logs for both ways.

Greetings
Will try it once more and if not working, I'll post the logs. Thanks!
It seems that the problem was with the naming of the FILES inside of each episode folder... That was never an issue before, but I guess there's always a first time for everything...

I've ended up with the following structure:

TV
- Shark Week
-- 2014.E01.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2014x01 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2014.E10.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2014x10 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2015.E01.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2015x01 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2015.E10.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2015x10 - Name of the episode.mkv

Seems this did the trick

Thanks everyone for your comments and input, greatly appreciated!
Huh, no season folders? That might explain part of your problem.

I'd expect the following structure to work:
Code:
Shark Week
-Season 2014
--Shark Week S2014E01.mkv
--Shark Week S2014E02.mkv
-Season 2015
--Shark Week S2015E01.mkv
--Shark Week S2015E02.mkv
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-26, 11:38)Milhouse Wrote: Huh, no season folders? That might explain part of your problem.

Season folders aren't requested by Kodi - you can either use them or not (tried today and it worked both with season folders and without them)
(2015-07-26, 10:41)MaxT Wrote: It seems that the problem was with the naming of the FILES inside of each episode folder... That was never an issue before, but I guess there's always a first time for everything...

I've ended up with the following structure:

TV
- Shark Week
-- 2014.E01.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2014x01 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2014.E10.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2014x10 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2015.E01.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2015x01 - Name of the episode.mkv
-- 2015.E10.Name.of.the.episode
--- Shark Week - 2015x10 - Name of the episode.mkv

Seems this did the trick

Thanks everyone for your comments and input, greatly appreciated!

I've never used Season folders, as i was always advised that they are ignored for scraping purposes (as confirmed by the wiki article referenced by uNiversal) and that Kodi scrapes from the filename and therefore minimum requirement for successful scrape is Season and Episode number in the filename, on that basis I'm not surprised that your last attempt proved successful, though the "2015.E01.Name.of.the.episode" folder is totally sperfluous. if you really want to add another level below the TV Show name, the only thing required is as per Milhouse suggestion - though each to their own.
I always use season folders and I've never had a problem, but I've seen enough posts from users having problems and often they've not used season folders which leads me to believe they're part of the problem when not present. The fact MaxT achieved a different (better) result by moving to a season-like folder structure (clearly the actual name of the "season" folder isn't important) tends to confirm this observation, irrespective of what the Wiki states. Or maybe I've just been very lucky... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Its a matter of preference, I find Season folders helpful from a personal organization point of view, they are not required in Kodi, but Kodi is not the be all and end all solution for everyone all the time for every circumstance in the house, Kodi is a HTPC only media center (for us here) and the only one via TV directly, but we don’t feel it necessary to use Kodi all the time for e.g. its not on any PC, Tablet or phone so its nice that things are organised in a sane and flexible structure that works well with prety much every player and platform accessing that media.
(2015-07-26, 12:48)Milhouse Wrote: I always use season folders and I've never had a problem, but I've seen enough posts from users having problems and often they've not used season folders which leads me to believe they're part of the problem when not present. The fact MaxT achieved a different (better) result by moving to a season-like folder structure (clearly the actual name of the "season" folder isn't important) tends to confirm this observation, irrespective of what the Wiki states. Or maybe I've just been very lucky... Smile

I doubt it is luck - more a correct naming convention. Like you I have seen more than my fair share of posts from users having problems, but in most cases it's been their file naming convention causing the issues, rather than the existence or not of a season folder. As uNiversal says it certainly aids in an explorer environment and is very much a personal thang!! Nod
It's easy enough to confirm. Test a show with season folders. Now test it without season folders. Even test OP's situation with and without. There won't be any difference :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show is indexed, but the seasons aren't showing up0