Req More comfortable artist thumbnail functionality
Hi everybody,

maybe there are a few more people like me who use Kodi also as music database that provide additional information about an artist. Because I found out that the information and images from the online databases are often rubbish (or not available in case of creative commons music) I'd like to add data and thumbnails in an easy way manually. Especially easy managing thumbnails and fanart would be nice (the add-ons I checked didn't do what they should - from my point of view).

So what's my request?
  1. It would be nice when artist thumbnails could be storable in one special folder. Kodi should pick the images by artist name (Lynyrd Skynyrd = lynyrd skynyrd.jpg or lynyrd_skynyrd.jpg). Special characters in the artist name could be changed in spaces (AC/DC = ac dc.jpg or ac_dc.jpg)
  2. This should not only be possible for album artists but also for every artist on compilation albums.
  3. In the same way also fanart could be handled.
  4. To make the database functions complete it would be great if it were possible to enter artist data like birthday, years active ... manually.

The first three topics are available in Mediaportal and I liked this function but I'll use Kodi in future and it would be great if could manage my music here in the same way.

Harry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More comfortable artist thumbnail functionality0