Req Export user selected posters
Kodi should be made so that rescraping always brings you repeatable/expected results. To faciltate that you can add an nfo with imdb link and therefore assure that the correct movie is scraped (which is wonderful) at any time. But if you go through your DB and exchange posters they will not survive a rescraping and you have to do all over from scratch. My suggestion is to automatically export user selected posters to the movie folder so that if you ever have to rescrape you get exactly the posters (covers) you want. Since movies don't change over time this approach seems to be feasible. If you refrain from automatically writing files to the user's disk .. make it a checkbox in the global settings ;-)
This is already a feature. Kodi will export the user selected poster, either as a URL in the nfo file, or as both a URL and an actual image, when using the export function.
Hi Ned, this I know .. but IMO the export is if you want to backup/restore all information. I would rather be able to rescrape at any time while keeping the effort that I made to manually tune - and only that. With this method I could easily benefit of the improvement of external databases and still keep my selected poster in place.
That's pretty much the only reason we have exporting; to save things that are manually changed.
I perceive an automation I mentioned to be an asset and very user friedly. It would even leave you in a good situation if the db gets corrupted. Otherwise the directive would be to make a weekly full export or so just to make sure you have your optimizations backed-up. And then the benefit of rescraping better data is lost.
But hey .. a feature request doesn't mean you have to like it. And even though things are generally possible new alternatives should at least be evaluated .. ideally not only from devs but also from "normal" users ;-)
I'm just trying to understand the details of the request. It sounds like a selective export is what you want, with the ability to export as soon as you change something. I actually like that idea :)
Now that's a reply I didn't expect. And your explanation better nails it .. of course :-)
You also gain my vote to extend the exporting function to have more selections/be more selective.
Would greatly increase efficiency and reduce the time needed for users whom contend with impressively large libraries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export user selected posters0