Win Windows 10 Kodi Live TV
I'm very new to Kodi. I looked into using it as a replacement for WMC in the past. Now that Windows 10 is out I need an alternative to WMC with my Ceton 6 tuner card. Any suggestions on how to get everything set up and running properly?
Hi, I'm in the same position as you. Despite searching everywhere I can't seem to find a simple-to-understand, but comprehensive and step-by-step, installation guide that will replicate the Windows Media Centre's ability to allow me to watch Live TV and schedule and watch recorded TV. I've tried installing Kodi with Argus TV, Media Portal 2 with Argus TV and numerous other combos but I always end up with a problem (e.g.Plugin not listed, etc.). Is there such a definitive guide around anyone?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
I have had the same problem and what I have found is that sadly WMC (thanks to Krusty and Scarecrow) is pretty much the best PVR backend, even though it has faults. Other PVR's fix some of the issues but then introduce new ones :/

If you want free it will probably be a bit harder to setup and you will have the problems you have listed (which is what I have found). If you are happy spending some money then DVB Link might be worth a look just because it is easy to setup.

My current setup is..

Main Media PC - Win 10 + DVBLink + Kodi connected to main TV (on all the time and records PVR locally) (shared MYSQL on Microserver) + Digital Devices 4xDVBS2 tuner for Freesat
2830 Nuc - Win 10 + Kodi (shared MYSQL on Microserver)
i3 NUC - Win 10 + Kodi (shared MYSQL on Microserver)
Gaming PC - Win 10 + Kodi
Laptop - Win 10 + Kodi
Microserver - media storage (not PVR recordings though) and MYSQL DB for Kodi

I also use Bittorrent Sync on the media PC's to keep the userdata/thumbnail folders in sync

Using this I get series link (not as good as WMC though)
Can watch live TV / schedule from anywhere in the house / garden
The wife can use it
Well guys i just spent the last 2 weeks getting this time vampire working... im short on time but this should get you started

You'll need to donate $5 to get SageDCT 2.7.4: http://babgvant.com/files/folders/limite...21867.aspx

This is your 'driver' which will allow your ceton card to talk to NextPVR, you'll need to set capture method to ffmpeg

you may need the SAF v6.2.3 ffmpeg codec: http://hobring.esero.net/saf/binary/

one you have that, install nextpvr and then you'll need the networkrecorder.dll plugin: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...rkRecorder

There is a pdf instruction guide that will help you through setting that up... ultimatly i found that i needed an 9000 delay for my card, (7000-8000 may work too... haven't tested) here is what my xml looks like (i changed the ports for each tuner in sagedct to match the xml):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="22" instance="1">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV1</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6971</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="23" instance="2">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV2</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6972</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="24" instance="3">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV3</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6973</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="25" instance="4">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV4</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6974</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="26" instance="5">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV5</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6975</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <NetworkRecorder id="27" instance="6">
      <FriendlyName>InfiniTV6</FriendlyName>
      <host>127.0.0.1</host>
      <port>6976</port>
      <delay>9000</delay>
    </NetworkRecorder>
  </PluginSettings>
</Settings>

once nextpvr detects your 'network recorder' devices, be sure to disable the IPTV devices and move them down to the bottom priority

after that you need to go into kodi, enable the nextpvr addon using your host as the address 127.0.0.1, then enable live tv... there are some docs on that... again, sorry for the quick and dirty here... short on time today
Well I appear to have achieved it and have Kodi Isengard working with Argus TV and Kodi is properly linked registers any recordings set up in Argus (I haven't checked if it works vice versa).

One quick question - when I set up a scheduled recording and opt for "Daily" will that just work for a week (as it appears when you check for upcoming recordings) or does it continue in perpetuity until cancelled?
I installed NextPVR and it worked pretty much out of the box.
I just installed windows 10 as well. I was previously a big WMC fan and had that working great. I installed the nextpvr back end. It detects my Haugpauge WinTV card, found all the available channels and I can hear the sound from each channel. Not getting any video though. I most likely need new drivers or something but I am not sure how to go about finding which ones would be the best choice. Any ideas?
(2015-08-18, 18:33)johna2u Wrote: I installed the nextpvr back end. It detects my Haugpauge WinTV card, found all the available channels and I can hear the sound from each channel. Not getting any video though.
It'll almost certainly just be related to the MPEG-2 video decoder you've got set on the Settings->Decoders page. If you don't have any MPEG-2 decoders available on your machine, you could just install something like the SAF codec pack.
Thanks for your reply Sub3

Ok I just Googled SAF codec pack and see lots of options for downloads. Do you have a recommended link?
Sorry, I broke the first rule of forum use. Read first! I re read this thread from the first post again and see the SAF link posted above. I installed it and now video is working. Unfortunately audio cuts out after about 10 seconds. Getting closer but not quite there yet.
(2015-08-19, 05:40)johna2u Wrote: Unfortunately audio cuts out after about 10 seconds.
This will be the same sort of thing - decoders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Kodi Live TV0