Kodi 15 change to network buffer?
Hey all,

Ever since updating kodi to 15.0 from 14.2 I've had issues watching tv with the HDHomeRun video add-on. It does not appear to be a HDHR issue so I've decided to post my problem here.

A problem with HDHR in general is that it sometimes drops out for a few seconds or becomes very weak. This is a semi-common issue I see on the SiliconDust forums. Now, in 14.2 this would be handled by pausing the stream and I'd see 'buffering' with a percentage. when it got to 100 I'd get some skips in the stream then it would be playing live. I'd miss a few seconds of TV but everything played smoothly other than those pauses. In 15.0 the video tries to continue playing and never pauses, but I get horrible pixelation in the stream and audio cuts in and out. This generally lasts much longer than the simple pause did before, I'm guessing because kodi is trying to keep up with the live stream.

So I guess my question is did something change in the way kodi buffers network streams (I'm also assuming HDHR over my local network is considered a network stream), and is there something I can change in settings or advancedsettings to help this? I updated my main machine to 15.0 and it has been horrible as I have to exit out of the plugin and restart it to reset the cache and have the video play normally (this is typically much faster than 'waiting it out' when the video goes bad). My machine in my bedroom is still on 14.2 and works brilliantly, just as it did before. Both machines are running windows 10.
I have had a similar experience when playing live streams. I lose audio and the video plays very choppy. It seems like it should buffer when there is insufficient data to play the stream. I am running windows 7, 64, I reloaded 14.2 and will wait for the next release.
Same problem here. Your best best is to stick to release 14.2 as it is the only one not exhibiting that problem. I have contacted support unfortunately theya re still working on improving the HDHomeRun VIEW Application for android devices.

What device do you experience the buffering on?

What profile do you have the HDHomeRun set to (Default,Heavy,Mobile,etc) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 change to network buffer?0