Upgrading KodiBuntu 14.0 to 14.2
Yesterday I upgraded to Isengard but it kinda wrecked my system and made playback of videos weird. (Once the video started, I couldn't get any of the controls to work, ex. space bar wouldn't pause the video, couldn't stop the video, or exit out of the video. Had to hard shut down my HTPC) I tried to downgrade but that didn't work, so I was going to try a fresh install of kodibuntu v15, but there isn't a download for that, the site still downloads 14.0. I reinstalled 14.0 and tried another upgrade to v15 and was still having some buggy issues; some add ons wouldn't install while others would. Also couldn't connect to my NAS device, so I re-installed 14.0. After the fresh install, I did the update/upgrade and it is still at 14.0. the only way to get my HTPC to 14.2 was to do a dist-upgrade. But now when I do a dist-upgrade, it installs v15. I have also tried to install a specific version but it says there isn't a 14.2 available. When I do an apt-cache policy kodi, I get only 2 versions, 14.0 and the candidate version 15.0. So I was needing help updating to 14.2.
For an explanation....

Kodibuntu 14 is shipped via the stable ppa. That means, as Helix 14.2 was out, it was on the same stable ppa as 14.0 was before. Then 14.0 was updated to 14.2 and you have to do the upgrade precedure (incl. the dist-uprade as additional packages have to be installed) to get 14.2

If you now do a fresh install of Kodibuntu, it's still shipped with 14.0 as this was (and will) never changed. As the PPA, which 14.0 was shipped, is the "stable" PPA and Kodi 15 is stable now, it's normal, that if you upgrade, you will get Kodi 15 instead of 14.2, because the latter isn't the stable and actual version anymore.

As I saw you posted your question already in another thread, I still have to link you to this thread, as this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2063015

seems to be the only way to downgrade from 15 to 14.2. But you have to install 14.0 first....so the way looks like this:

installing 14.0
upgrading to 15
downgrading to 14.2

by the info wsnipex posted in the link above.

But be aware:

Quote:Finally: such downgrades are not supported and should only be done be users that can fix issues themselves.

So if you got issues, you are on your own. Especially for the reason, that you seem to have problems with piracy addons. The normal usage of Kodibuntu (playing videos which you own and wich are on a share or on your local machine) should work out of the box. So if you got problems while using those addons, please ask the addon dev either to upgrade their addons to make them Kodi 15 capable or stay at 14 or don't use those addons and provide a Debug Log of those local videos, that won't play Wink.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading KodiBuntu 14.0 to 14.20