Function in Kodi
Some questions about Kodi.

[1] Can Kodi play WMC recorded TV shows?
[2] What type of file format does Kodi record in?
[3] If a scheduled TV show change start time in EPG will Kodi record the TV show at the new (correct) time (Windows Media Center does it)?
[4] If I see a part of a recorded TV show, will Kodi remember the stop position so I don't need a jump forward/FF to correct time of the TV show (Windows Media Center does it)?

If NO in 3 and/or 4, will it be implemented later?
No one with info?
To 1.)

What kind of files are those? You could check yourself via google "Kodi supported formats"

To 2.)

Same as to '1'

To 3.)

No idea

To 4.)

Yes. It's called "resume point"
[1] Yes, it will play files recorded by Window Media Center
[2] Kodi does not do the recording, you still need a pvr backend (WMC, NextPVR, MythTV, etc)
[3] Again, this is handled by your PVR backend.
[4]I believe so
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
OK., thanks

So a Rasparry Pi with tuner will be a Kodi media center with integrated PVR backend?
I have 6 tuners in a Windows 7 WMC machine and I use the Pis as Kodi clients.

With the new Pi2 you might be able to run a linux PVR backend and Kodi together with a tuner, but that is not how I do it.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Function in Kodi0