v15 NextPVR DVB-S/S2 Radio Channels Connection Problem
Sad 
Hi, im using Kodi Isengard with Next-PVR.
For TV channels everything works most of the time as it should.
But as soon as i try to use the Radio Channels Kodi gets stuck in a loop trying to stream the channel, with a continuous "Working" dialog.
Sometimes it is a never ending loop, sometimes it states that the chanel is playing, which it is not.

Why do i think it is a Kodi and not a NextPVR problem?
Inside NextPVR TV and Radio channels play flawless. Only inside Kodi i get this behaviour.

I tried to deactivate time shift in the NextPVR addon (was indicated by some) but it didn't help.

So about what a config are we talking?
- Win7 64bit
- NextPVR
- Kodi 15.0 with NextPVR Addon
- not active Media Center
- a Digital Devices Cine S2 DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner

Do you have any idea what i could try to get the radio channels to play inside Kodi?
(I am not 100% shure if this post belongs in the NextPVR section or in the normal Kodi section)

Edit:
I added a log.
http://xbmclogs.com/pc7nt1lhh
So, a feedback from me after some experimenting.
In my opinion the NextPVR Plugin is not working correctly, so no Kodi problem.
I tryed dvblink source and the radio worked "out of the box" after adding the dvblink pvr addon.

So, my personal conclusion: if you do not want to use the radio stations over DVB-S/S2 then you can use NextPVR,
but if you want to use the Radio look somewhere else. My saviour was DVBlink source, which will cost money.
I did my testing with the trial version and will buy the "real" version soon.

I'm sorry that i don't have a real solution.
I am using the skin nebula, and the radio function works wonderfully. Question. What numbers did you use for your radio stations in NVPR? Do they conflict with your TV stations?

An American channel here for example is 95.7 fm. I named the channel 957, etc to ensure they stayed fully away from standard digital tv and subgroups
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Hi,
my radiostations have the numbers 40-60.
What do you mean with "do they confilct with your TV stations"?

As far as i understood, you can give the "chanels" numbers as you like.
I sorted the "used" TV chanel from 1 - 39 and after that i sorted the used radio-chanels.
The sorting is a copy of the Media Center sorting, to keep the WAF at a high level :-)

So the chanels should be no problem as long as you don't use subchanels like 6.1 6.2 etc..

Edit:
To test what i understood from your question, i moved all radio stations to 500++ (remember my tv stations stop at 59 now)
But no big difference. One small difference: One radio station played, but only once. Even after a reboot the radio channel was not working after the one time success.
Ok, I am assuming you programmed the individual radio stations by hand in the analog capture device in the NVPR backend. You stated it works in backend not addon. Therefore:

You are using a skin that supports radio? as stated nebula works, and so does confluence (verified on post)

You have gone into the next pvr addon and checked channel manager, and in radio channels your stations are listed and active? And you have either the local loop or correct ip?

You do have both the most current addon and backend (3.4.8 was actually updated on June 06 2015)
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Hi Redwingsfansfc,

i want to answer your questions one by one:

- as you already said (and the log showed) i use confluence as the main skin (if i have a problem i first test it in the confluence skin if the problem
is there also, just to be shure it is no skin problem)

- i checked again the next pvr addon, it is configured with the local loop. The channel manager is outside of the nextpvr addon, but yes there are my radio channels listed and active.
I use nextpvr 3.4.8 (as the log stated) and the "newest/current" addon.

As i have written one radio station worked once and then never again.

I will give Kode 15.1 RC1 a try tonight and report back then.
(2015-08-14, 20:39)theplayer02 Wrote: Hi Redwingsfansfc,

The channel manager is outside of the nextpvr addon, but yes there are my radio channels listed and active.

Please look at the channel manage in the Kodi NVPR addon. It's in the configuration settings

(2015-08-14, 20:39)theplayer02 Wrote: I use nextpvr 3.4.8 (as the log stated) and the "newest/current" addon.

Just to be sure, when did you last DL 3.4.8? There were patches in June rereleased under the same version.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ng-patches!

Radio works under v15, and v15.1 rc.

Your log link is no longer valid. Please run another with debug and do nothing but try radio. And shut down. The last one had 1.2 bazillion lines
Wink

Oh, and you are trying to access analog radio and not digital DAB or IBOC. Have to ask.

As the dvblink, there is also do viewer : http://kodi.wiki/view/DVBViewer
But your card from what saw in next pvr, is compatible.
Hi,

so here a new log: log the second

I can not really tell you if it is analog or not, sorry for my not helping answer.
The radio is transmitted over the DVB-S/S2 stations.
They work inside of NextPVR and inside of Media Center flawless.

Hope the second log is a little bit better, i gave you the direct line were i started the radio station "DasDing"

Hi maybe i am completly of, but in the configuration tab of the NextPVR Addon i can only give Hostname, Port, Pincode and under Extra activate time shift.
Their is no channel manager.

Maybe you can post a picture of the channel manager you mean?
Ok

Line 449 calls out the radio instance on nvpr
Line 461 shows you opening the stream

Line 471 and on is where it failed.

You should be seeing CDDVDPLAYERaudio processes at this point, opening from FFMPEG.

SO
what I think, though I am not sure how Kodi and NVPR talk with codecs...

The first thing is go into the backend client, settings, and check your decoder settings: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Decoders

Try different decoders from what you have set. Ensure you have the most current Codecs loaded as NVPR provides what you have on your system.

I.e

LAV https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
Or
SAF from hoborg: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?50227-Saf6

Dump any Trojan possible codec packs you have on your puter (won't name them) these above should work you just fine.

Then try again to play your radio. Nod
Hi redwingsfansfc,

thank you a lot with your feedback!
Will try this out.

One question tough: If the NextPvr itself can play the radio stations there should not be a problem with a decoder or
am i here wrong?

But i will definitly try out the decoders.
As far as i remember (i get old sometimes ;-) ) i didn't install any codec packs outside off Programs i official own (Blueray Player).
But i have to check this also.
So, as i remembered correctly, i had no codec packs installed. *alittleproudofmyself* ;-)

I installed LAV and configured it for Audio like in the picture of the nextpvr, rebooted, but no change in the radio output
or so to say not output.
Goto Kodi, set Settings Level to expert. Goto live TV, general, channel manager, radio channels, and make sure your channels are active, and then slide to a channel, and it should say connected with an ip.

It should work as you stated that your backend radio plays. There isn't any magic to it... Unless for some reason your card isn't compatible with the addon.. But I firmly believe that your backend setup may be the problem. Double check everything.

Nextpvr addon Kodi simply picks up the analog backend channels for fm.

But that's the limit of where I can help you, unfortunately as I don't have your card, and can't match your settings. Hopefully someone with more smarts than me (which isn't a high bar to beat) can figure it out.
So to give you a little update:
The problem still exist on my HTPC in the living room (Win 7).
Out of curiosity I tried Kodi on my MacBook Air, using as PVR the HTPC in the Living Room.
And you almost will not believe it: Radio channels work as they should.
Okay the first two seconds are a little bit stuttering, I think buffering problems, but after that: everything fine. Rofl

So I have to dig a little bit deeper there but I am optimistic, because the Kodi on the Mac experiment shows it works
in general but not yet on my windows machine.

Big GrinLaugh

Edit: grammar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR DVB-S/S2 Radio Channels Connection Problem0