WMC to KODI tuner problems
It was recommended that I post this over here:

I have 4 tuners on my system (Win 7), I am using WMC as the Backend and have loaded serverWMC. I am new to KODI. I am quitting WMC due to the loss of Netflix.

My first question is what order does Kodi access the tuners? I have three different antennas pointed at various stations in my area. I am told that in WMC the topmost tuner (assigned to a channel) is used for live TV and the bottommost tuner is used for DVR purposes. Does Kodi treat them the same? I am thinking is doesn't, the reason being, is that I can tune a channel in Kodi and it pixilates to the point of unwatchability. If I fire up WMC and tune to the same channel it comes in crystal clear and rock solid.

My second problem is that when I tune a child channel (e.g. 4.2 or 4.3) it switches to 4.1 and will not tune the channel selected in the guide. Very weird behavior. Kodi does this for all child channels (18.2 jumps to 18.1, etc) that I try to tune.

Any help would be appreciated.
By default, serverwmc takes the tuners in the opposite order to wmc for live tv. If you want to make it take the tuners in the same order, open the serverwmc settings file (see Debug tab) and search for Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel. Its default value is 1, change it to 0, like this:

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>0</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

then save the file and restart serverwmc. As to why the wrong subchannel is being chosen, I'm not sure. My guess is its the same cause. To check this, use wmc to look at the sources for this channel and see what sources it has at the bottom of the list.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
OK, I can do that.

How does serverwmc treat tuners that are unchecked, not used as a source for a given channel? Also, does serverwmc affect the recording tuner? or is that still a function of WMC?

Thank for the assist!
It ignores tuners that are unchecked. That's right, wmc's recording service still does the recording, just the same as when using wmc.
Got it, Thanx for the help!
I did find part of the problem, WMC optimize was set to run at 4am, it seems to reorder the tuners based on the signal at that time which is different than during the day. I turned it off.
One additional question in the same regards; Both Sig Qual and SNR (made the changes in debug listed above) read zero. The receiving device and device status both indicate disabled. Does the above fix change these indicators to the tuner being viewed or are they still reading info from the bottom of the stack tuner?

Thanx!
Not sure I get the question. If you are running with the default (=1) setting, then serverwmc always chooses the tuner from the bottom of the channel's source list for live-tv streaming, but it ignores tuners that you have been disabled. It does not check signal strength.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC to KODI tuner problems0