Req Add functionality to how STRM files handle video/audio links
I get that STRM files aren't actually "videos" in the eyes of Kodi, and are technically more like playlists. However, there is an ever-growing base of users who rely on .strm files to help connect online streaming video/audio into their local libraries.

Per the wiki, .strm files have the current capability to have cover art and summaries associated with them. However, they don't have the ability to automatically flag the 'watched' status after the stream has completed. My understanding is that this is due to the .strm file not containing duration information, which is critical to the act of triggering this status.

Enter this Trac ticket. This ticket proves that this has been a noticed "problem" from over three years ago. I understand that we're potentially using .strm files in a way that was not how they were intended, but the reality is that this is a functionality that many users want - and have wanted for over three years now. Hence, the feature request:

I don't know whether it makes sense to update/add this ability to STRM files, or to create some other sort of linking mechanism that would allow for automatic flagging during integration of internet video/audio streams through some other means. But my feature request is for some sort of system where I can take linked video and audio streams and integrate it into my library to the point where they can be automatically flagged after watching. I'm not a programmer, so I'm not privy to the challenges that would need to be overcome to allow for this, but I just wanted to highlight an area of Kodi that I think can be improved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add functionality to how STRM files handle video/audio links0