Win Passthrough not working Windows 10 - NUC D54250WYK
I recently upgraded my Intel Nuc D54250WYK to Windows 10 and Kodi to 15.1.

No i have the following problem that ONLY DTS-HD Master Audio works with passthrough selected via HDMI to my Marantz 1604 receiver.

I have done the following:
Installed and configured the latest graphics driver from Intel for Windows 10. Configured it for 5.1 speakers and disabled enhanced option.
I can see that i have 8 channels and all supported formats are in place.
Configured Kodi to use WASAPI and "TrueHD capable receiver" is selected.

None of the formats works with passthrough selected in Kodi (DD5.1, DTS)....only DTS-HD MA and my Marantz receiver display shows the format nicely with DTS-HD MA.

I have always used the passthrough option. So i have no idea if the problem was created by the upgrade to Windows 10 or the upgrade to a later version of Kodi.

Edit: typed Kodi 5.2 but it's Kodi v15.1
"Installed and configured the latest graphics driver from Intel for Windows 10. Configured it for 5.1 speakers and disabled enhanced option."

Graphics Driver not the same as a Sound driver. Did you install the Realtek sound drivers. There are new drivers for your NUC (just a few days old).

Also, you need to select only the sound options your Receiver can use. For myself, I have the same NUC and just upgraded all the drivers to the ones released on Sept 2nd (I believe there was one from Aug 28th). I have TrueHD (DTS-HD), and Dolby Digital, but I can't select the second Dolby (think it was AC3 DTS, or something like that). When I selected it, I got no sound, except from the DTS-HD (just like you). So my guess is, that is your issue.

So maybe select just one sound format (Dolby Digital) and verify it works. Then select another format, and test, etc.

Hope this helps.
Um... Graphics driver is the same as sound driver in the case where HDMI audio is concerned. As the OP appears to be connected through HDMI, he's done the correct thing.

Triple check your settings by going through the Audio wiki entries. Although it does sound strange, as you can get DTS MA passthrough. Normally I'd agree with Powerhouse on enabling the correct receiver options in Kodi.

Someone else may be able to help more if you can provide a debug log of you trying to play a sample file that doesn't work.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Thank you for thinking with me.

Last night i tried to install version 14.2 and reinstall Realtek and Intel drivers but no go. I could not find the driver from aug 28th

Triple checked the Wiki also.

I will try to create a log file tonight.
WASAPI does not work in windows 10 at all. This is a known bug in windows itself, there is no idea if or when they will fix it.
Hmmm, I have Windows 10 on my NUC and WASAPI works fine. So do you have a link for this Known Bug?
I think i may have solved my problem!

i reinstalled from scratch. Including a new Guisettings.xml (kept using the old one). This did not fix it but what did was uninstalling my realtek driver and reboot and disabled it (come back as microsoft high def device).

Every format works With passthrough enabled and WASAPI. The only thing left is that my Marantz does not detect the format and my display shows "Multi In".
The sound i good though... so i will leave it for now.

thanks to this thread.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911&page=54

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough not working Windows 10 - NUC D54250WYK0