Req kodibuntu iso-scan/filename
Traditional Lubuntu offers the “iso-scan/filename” boot code to allow booting the iso directly rather than having to extract the .disk/casper directories.

The benefit of this scenario is when coupled with the “persistent” boot code the iso can also be located on the same partition as the persistent file/partition. Currently the extracted .disk/casper directories have to be on a separate partiton from the persistent file/partition. Secondly, when coupled with the “toram” boot code, only the iso filesystem is loaded to memory. Currently “toram” with extracted .disk/casper directories tries to load the whole partiton to memory.

The goal is to offer an isolated “portable” or a more organzied mutli-boot setup.

Thank you,
I don't see how this would be more organized then doing an install (to an USB stick if preferred)
The iso is less than one gig, I've never done a full install but I'm sure it takes up much more space.

Secondly, I'm guessing booting the iso "toram" with only the /home directory persistant would run much faster than USB install?
I doubt that it'd be faster, given that it always has to unsquash the filesystem.

In any case, this is a rare edge use case and I doubt any dev currently has the time or interest in adding this.
PR welcome though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodibuntu iso-scan/filename0