v15 Can't get channel groups to work
Hi there,

I'm a new Kodi/Mythtv user. I'm running 15.1 with Mythtv 0.27 backend on the same machine, an Ubuntu 14.04 box.

I'm having problems creating channel groups and having them be remembered across reboots/Kodi restarts.

i've tried two different methods, neither of which work:

1. Go into mythfrontend, define the channel groups there, then start kodi, and in system->settings->tv->general make sure "Synchronise channel groups with backend(s)" is checked. This results in none of the channel groups I created actually showing up in Kodi (I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not - I've found a not-very-official-looking thread elsewhere that talks about this won't work until 0.28 mythtv)

2. Go into Kodi, specifically make sure that the setting referenced in #1 is NOT enabled, and then launch the group manager and create a channel group. This works - until I restart kodi, at which point the group is gone.

How do I get channel groups working in Kodi?

Thanks!
Hi, the pvr.mythtv addon create a channel group for each MythTV source. They aren't related with other grouping created with mythfrontend. Your sources are configured with mythtv-setup.

So if you have only one video source, you will have only one channel group.
Ok, thanks for that info janbar, I didn't know that.

So is there any way I can create a separate channel group somehow from the channels I have configured from the one video source? I'd like to have the "HD Channels" and "SD Channels" groups, or perhaps "sports", "broadcast" and "cable" groups, or things along those lines.

Wish I could figure out why Kodi wasn't remembering the groups I was creating directly in it...
The only way is like you done using Kodi channel groups. But seems the configuration is cleaned on startup, probably at same time the channels are reloaded. It is a bug and you should open a track ticket.
There's a PR:8439 that should fix this. If accepted will be in the next Jarvis Beta.

scott s.
PR:8439 is now merged (will be in Jarvis beta3) but there is still a problem. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8445 should fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get channel groups to work0