Win 2nd node for lack of a better description.
I've been using Kodi since the early days of XBMC version. My current setup is Kodi v15.1 “Isengard" on a WIndows 7 Pro, which is my "main" PC and connected to a Samsung 46D8000 as its monitor. This also affords me a nice movie screen as well. The movie files are located on a Netgear Ultra 6 plus NAS via a gigabit LAN. Everything has been running fine.

I have a Samsung 40" in my bedroom that I'd like to view my Kodi system on. I have LAN cable at that location.

What is the best, or easiest (not always the same thing) way to go about configuring this. Pi2 at that 2nd TV with OpenELEC or OSMC and Kodi or a MiniATX HTPC system?

Or a video sharing device of which there are many on the market.

If the solution is a Kodi implementation, Does it just get the video's direct from the NAS and there really is no communication with my desktop in my den or is the recommended configuration to connect somehow to the "main" Kodi system and get all its info from there but stream the actual video files direct from the NAS?

edit: I hope this is the correct area given it's general nature.
(2015-09-15, 15:53)Tacyon Wrote: Or a video sharing device of which there are many on the market.

Yep.

Kodi is a front end made to work on plenty of devices. You choose. There are plenty of google able solutions and setups. The kodi forum has a hardware board. Choose what you wish. Choose what os you wish. Choose the red pill or the blue. It's all up to you.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
In your situation I'd set up mysql on your nas to run the library, stick whatever you decide as a second machine under / behind the bedroom tv and then everything (media and library) goes from the NAS to both kodis. That gives you synced libraries, watch status, suspend / resume etc between both tv's.
If the 2nd device in the bedroom is a Pi2-B ... is that still an option or does that 2nd device need to be a PC class machine ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd node for lack of a better description.0