Req Picture album nfo's
Hi,

At the moment when I add my picture folder I see all the subfolders and can navigate my collection.
Each folder is an album with pictures from something like a vacation.
when I navigate into a subfolder and choose "picture information" I get all my exif info as expected.

What I would like to see is the ability to drop an nfo in the album folder.
In the nfo there would be the possibility to add info about the entire album/folder like description, year, ... .
In the gui there would be the option "album information" to display this info.
Also a tag in this nfo that determines the thumb for that album/folder would be nice.
This way you don't have to rename one image to folder.jpg or duplicate an image as folder.jpg

Thanks
There is currently no Pictures Library function as there is no database to store the metadata in, you are probably best taking a look at the MyPicsDB add-on to see if that supports nfo's, go to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133905
@jjd-uk: it's a feature request and it could be a nice mid-term solution. If implemented , it could be parsed a long with individual picture files so it doesn't need a database.

But once this "album info" is available, how should it be dispayed? Does it need a new view? New sorting/filtering? Or is it just an context open when a folder is active?

I'm not sure about reading the .nfo first and than parsing thumbnails: it's already slow.
Changing the thumb with an nfo is not really necessary if it makes everything slow.
It was just to get rid of the duplicate picture folder.jpg I have in all my folders.

How it would be displayed is the same way as in the other places where there is extra info.
right click folder > album information and a popup appears just like right clicking on the picture and choosing picture information gets you a popup of the picture's info.
(2015-09-17, 18:00)bugmenot2015 Wrote: Changing the thumb with an nfo is not really necessary if it makes everything slow.
It was just to get rid of the duplicate picture folder.jpg I have in all my folders.
ok.
Maybe you could try <pictureexclude> in advancedsettings.xml to get rid of your double pics.

Something like this:
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
//Get rid of custom folder icons in picture listings
<pictureexcludes>
    <
regexp>folder.jpg</regexp>
  </
pictureexcludes>
</
advancedsettings
(2015-09-17, 18:00)bugmenot2015 Wrote: How it would be displayed is the same way as in the other places where there is extra info.
right click folder > album information and a popup appears just like right clicking on the picture and choosing picture information gets you a popup of the picture's info.

I think list view's and pic-thumb view would greatly benefit from this feature to have a really nice way to cycle your picture folders with extended album information. Nice stopgap solution for not being database'd for those who like viewing pictures.

To speed parsing up (GUI-wize, the sluggiest part in Kodi), replacing the temp cache files with permanent files would elimate (excessive) complete sources scanning (with all possible problems due to network) and parsing. Instead, just thumbnail creation for folders from cache.
(2015-09-17, 18:31)Robotica Wrote: Maybe you could try <pictureexclude> in advancedsettings.xml to get rid of your double pics.

Thanks for the suggestion.
This works perfect for viewing in kodi.
(2015-09-17, 13:38)Robotica Wrote: @jjd-uk: it's a feature request and it could be a nice mid-term solution. If implemented , it could be parsed a long with individual picture files so it doesn't need a database.

But once this "album info" is available, how should it be dispayed? Does it need a new view? New sorting/filtering? Or is it just an context open when a folder is active?

I'm not sure about reading the .nfo first and than parsing thumbnails: it's already slow.

(2015-09-17, 21:48)Robotica Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 18:00)bugmenot2015 Wrote: How it would be displayed is the same way as in the other places where there is extra info.

I think list view's and pic-thumb view would greatly benefit from this feature to have a really nice way to cycle your picture folders with extended album information. Nice stopgap solution for not being database'd for those who like viewing pictures.

To speed parsing up (GUI-wize, the sluggiest part in Kodi), replacing the temp cache files with permanent files would elimate (excessive) complete sources scanning (with all possible problems due to network) and parsing. Instead, just thumbnail creation for folders from cache.

Right now, on first folder entrance this parsing cashes EXIF, IPTC & XMP pictures metadata to a file, which it access again 2nd time entering the folder. This is only for a single session so restarting Kodi needs to redo the parsing to recreate the cache file.

Your Feature Request would make this file permanent as a .nfo file. This would eliminate first time parsing (and caching) all pictures and replace that with just reading the .nfo per folder. So parsing logic of video's/music could be re-used for parsing all thumbnails.

So such file would look something like this:
PHP Code:
foldername.nfo
-----------------------------------------------
(tags)
date
collection
other interesting metadata 

For now, I would suggest MyPicsDB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture album nfo's0