Audio through second speaker set.
I have my computer connected to my tv through an hdmi cord and it gets audio that way.

but i wanted to use a second set of speakers as well, through the line-out on my MB.

is there a way to set that up in kodi? I can only see the option to select 1 output device in the audio settings in it.
Most of this would be determined by the type of hardware you have, and if the hardware allows for dual audio output (most don't). Check inside the O/S audio tools to see if this is possible, also check the back of your TV looking for an audio output or earphone jack you could tie into. Basically the HDMI audio is a digital signal, while the computer output is generally analog, and because an A2D chips would require a bit of decode time, the audio would not be in sync between the HDMI and Analog ports anyway even if you could get output on both lines.

In Kodi best shot at all of this is 'direct sound' with pass through..
well i don't really know anything about audio.

how would i set up this direct sound with passthrough?
Settings>system>audio output (expert mode) device. But this will not do much for you until you change the o/s audio configuration, and it's probably not going to work, so don't be disappointed.
What about this?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=86038
Perhaps the author/programmer is still around (2010 is a bit dated, but good find) and can supply another patch?
there were sync problems with that kind of solution.
do you want all the speakers playing together?
How about something like that?

HDMI Audio Splitter

There are different versions, depending on input and output needs. You could keep outputting audio through HDMI in Kodi. You would need some old amp for your speakers though, so not sure that makes sense for you...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio through second speaker set.0