NextPVR and Hauppauge 1600 Tv tuner
My HP desktop, Core 2 duo Win 7 had. Worked with this TV tuner. After upgrading to Win 10, I lost Win Media Center
For OTA broadcast TV. I hear that NextPVR is needed to restore this capability usingKodi.
But it has foujd the tv tuner but the scan does not find the Tv channels.

Anyone shares this experience? I would appreciate some help
Post the question over at the NextPVR forums, along with your c:\users\public\npvr\logs\npvr.log file (collected after an attempted scan), and I'll help you through it.
I had this same problem and could not get NextPVR to read the tuner. I ended up thru the device manager uninstalling the tuner and then reinstalling with the the Hauppauge provided installation software. Then opening NextPVR and attaching the tuner and it was able to read it.
My desktop did not have the Hauppauge software CD when I bought the computer. Sounds like you re-installed the tuner card. Did you have to install the WinTV software as well? Just need to know what specific software you used to re-install the tuner. This may be my salvation!

Thank you
Dennis
(2016-01-17, 23:53)Goodgenie4u Wrote: My desktop did not have the Hauppauge software CD when I bought the computer. Sounds like you re-installed the tuner card. Did you have to install the WinTV software as well? Just need to know what specific software you used to re-install the tuner. This may be my salvation!

Thank you
Dennis
You only need to install the Hauppauge WinTV software if you're intending to use the analog side of the HVR-1600.

If you're doing digital (ATSC/QAM), then you only need the drivers installed. (http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/..._28243.exe)
Thank you. We have no analogue TV broadcasts anymore.

Let see if I get the fix right. I should uninstall the Hauppauge card in the hardware side. then Install the driver from the link you kindly provided me.that reinstalls the card.

I already have NextPVR installed. Until now my problem was that after the tuner card was recognized, scanning did not result in the detection of ny chaannels,
Normally on Windows 7 Media Center I would get 12 channela; US ans Canadiand.

If I am missing any steps kindly let me know.

Thanks
Dennis
You shouldn't need to uninstall anything. As long as you've got the drivers installed though, NextPVR should be fine. (doesn't matter if you have the rest of the Hauppauge software installed)

Try doing a scan, then post the c:\users\public\npvr\logs\npvr.log and I'll take a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR and Hauppauge 1600 Tv tuner0