Locking Volume at 100%
Question is there away to lock volume to 100% Every time I turn on my Vizio using CEC TV remote with USB power from TV the volume on raspberry is 10% so then I have to get my smart phone to raise the volume up. Not terrible but if someone else watches TV they have to hunt me down to raise the volume.
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
I believe that the RPi now uses ALSA. You can try setting your levels to the desired amount and run:

alsactl store

If this doesn't work it may require the levels to be set in alsamixer which I don't believe is include as a default package but at one time was included in the Openelec repository as an addon download.
(2015-10-29, 20:44)Jdiesel Wrote: I believe that the RPi now uses ALSA. You can try setting your levels to the desired amount and run:

No. ALSA is not used for the default hdmi and analogue interfaces. Only for external USB or I2S audio cards.

@Rickt1962 Can you be clearer if you are talking the Kodi volume level (looks like this in top right of screen), or TV's volume level.

Kodi should remember the previous volume level when booted up, so as long as you set it to 100% and don't adjust it, it should always be 100%.

Also are you using HDMI or analogue audio?
(2015-10-30, 13:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 20:44)Jdiesel Wrote: I believe that the RPi now uses ALSA. You can try setting your levels to the desired amount and run:

No. ALSA is not used for the default hdmi and analogue interfaces. Only for external USB or I2S audio cards.

@Rickt1962 Can you be clearer if you are talking the Kodi volume level (looks like this in top right of screen), or TV's volume level.

Kodi should remember the previous volume level when booted up, so as long as you set it to 100% and don't adjust it, it should always be 100%.

Also are you using HDMI or analogue audio?

That's what I am talking about. It doesnot always remember. Sometimes when Kodi boots up there is no volume and I have to use my Yatse app to raise it. Maybe in Kodi 17.0 they can add a setting for volume to be fixed at 100% on boot up
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
(2015-10-30, 15:31)Rickt1962 Wrote: That's what I am talking about. It doesnot always remember. Sometimes when Kodi boots up there is no volume and I have to use my Yatse app to raise it. Maybe in Kodi 17.0 they can add a setting for volume to be fixed at 100% on boot up

It should default to 100% when first run, and won't change unless you alter it.

You should be able to see the stored setting. Try:
Code:
$ grep -i fvolumelevel ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
        <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>

1.000000 is 100%.
(2015-10-30, 15:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 15:31)Rickt1962 Wrote: That's what I am talking about. It doesnot always remember. Sometimes when Kodi boots up there is no volume and I have to use my Yatse app to raise it. Maybe in Kodi 17.0 they can add a setting for volume to be fixed at 100% on boot up

It should default to 100% when first run, and won't change unless you alter it.

You should be able to see the stored setting. Try:
Code:
$ grep -i fvolumelevel ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
        <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>

1.000000 is 100%.

Hmmm if that's the case then its not Kodi problem .....Its OSMC problem ! Thank you for the info I will be addressing this issue over at OSMC forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locking Volume at 100%0