windows 10 installation error
Hi All,

So I just upgraded my streaming laptop to windows 10 and have been attempting to install Kodi but i keep getting the same error

Error Opening File for writing:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe

I get this error on the official release and the RC build, any ideas?

here are the basic specs

widows 10 home
dell - inspirion i5 core 2.50Ghz
6 gigs of ram

Thanks
That usually means kodi is still running in the background for me... I see this sometimes when I try to update to a newer version.
thx for the reply, but I uninstalled the old version first
Maybe the uninstall was not successful... navigate to the program folder and manually delete the contents.
Have you been following any odd online guides which have told you to mess with W10 security settings? Otherwise this should just install cleanly.

As Wheemer says, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete the old KODI folder.

Restart the PC to make sure it isn't a hang over from a previous run which has crashed.

If something as straightforward as KODI is having problems installing, you will have problems with other applications too.

To get KODI working, when running the installer change the path to install to C:\MyApps\KODI\ and at least you'll have KODI up and running, but there is still a deeper issue with the computer that may be easier to just do a clean install of the OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 10 installation error0