Win KODI hanging
Hi
I have been using Kodi since Eden, with no issues ever, on the same laptop, a dell inspron 1420, with Vista. I reformatted my hard drive after some live streaming in chrome kept crashing the pc. I did this via a full re-install, and have installed Vista SP2 and all updates.
All my movies and series are on a 2TB Verbatim external drive (usb 3, whilst my pc is usb2, hence why i had to get SP2 for the hdd to work, but that has been the case for the last 3 years)
I installed Isengard with no issue.
All my moveies have NFO's in the movie folder (each movie in its own folder), from Mediacompanion.
When i add a source, and say yes to refresh, or say no, and update library, it hangs. The entire computer hangs, and i have to hold down the power button restart - ctr alt del does nothing.
I tried adding the source with the local only nfo scraper, but only 250 or so of the 690 movies showed up in the library. I then edit the source to universal scraper (also tried default scraper) for the balance, and hangs again. Tried 5 or 6 times, scrapes 30 or so movies, then hangs.
I deleted the userdata folder and tried again, same problem. removed and reinstalled Kodi, same problem.
My TV shows all load without a problem, using the local only NFO scraper - they are all there, and there are a lot of them. I didnt try the online scraper with TV shows, as they all came through from NFO.
In the wiki, it says Kodi always looks for an NFO first, but mine did not seem too, which is why o tried scraping NFO only, and then online. But i also tried online only after the re-install, and it always hangs.
Please help. Below is the url for the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/pozctv3sh
Thanks
John
Without getting into a huge diatribe on your set-up and huge time sink on your issues, I'll point out some of the things that you might want to look into. I personally suggest most users would be better served with the built in Kodi functions of scraper and image gathering. Sometimes external scrapers are not exact in their format or compatible with the latest Kodi and miss key items, so much so; that Kodi looks at the created .nfo and either just dies right there; or more likely uses the internet and grabs the missing material.. (invalidating your .nfo file) Your success with local only NFO scraper points out that, either something in the scraper, the fetch or something network is causing you issues.

Looking at your debug log and one of the errors 'specifically at #1775 we see "Open failed with code 404 for http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/tt5126912/" with this listing in mind, checking out the IMDB this is "Come Hell or High Water " which is a 2016 listing and we are not quite there yet. So something is a bit squirrely about your naming convention or the 3rd party manager, sloppy naming? consider theRenamer utility. Naming video files/Movies (wiki)

I never used 'Vista' just upgraded directly to windows 7 and found most people considered it a 'fixed Vista', so I would encourage you to consider a system update, not that your issues has much to do with the operating system, but the writing is on the wall.

In general it looks like 'Mediacompanion' maybe the culprit. As an example look at one of the ,nfo files for a movie that doesn't come into the library, save the .nfo to another location. The delete all ,nfo etc.except the movie and folder, ensure the name of the folder is 'Movie_Name (date) and using the set content for that source 'keyboard C' your scraper settings with movies are in separate folders that match the movie and scan recursively. Then scrape that single movie manually, (if you have issues here, it's likely network problems) once that is done, and you have successfully scraped in this one move, go to settings>video>library>export library> as separate files. Next go back to this the 'target movies folder' and compare what 'Mediacompanion' has as it's .nfo VS. what Kodi produced... any differences will be your issue.
Thanks Pat! I will try that this evening.
Come hell or high water is a 2011 release, i can only assume IMDB have it wrong, as it is a bodysurfing documentary, so not really their thing.
Thanks again - i will post the results

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI hanging0