New Script: YouTube2
xino Wrote:thats strange:/

in the MC60's Youtube. I found a folder inside my E:/Youtube_Downloads. :/
BUt I don't evn know how to download

That's because you've used the old script (YouTube 1.8b or older), my script is a complete rewrite, and your feature request has just been put on hold because Donno has merged WindowXML with the XBMC development branch so prio 1 is to dump guibuilder in favour of WindowXML so I can get rid of a bunch of hacks.
I have noticed that (for me) youtube videos playback is very jerky with the latest t3ch build (rev8519). Has anyone else noticed this, I thought it might have something to do with the new mplayer.

I do come from the land of the slow internets (Ireland), but youtube plays back fine on my PC and reasonably well on previous builds of xbmc.

I have played around with the cache settings, but it does not seem to affect it. Does youtube2 use the XBMC cache settings?

It does not seem to cache at all for example if I pause the video for 30 seconds I will get smooth playback for about 30 seconds.

I even installed an older build of xbmc and it plays the same videos back smoothly.
marathont Wrote:I have noticed that (for me) youtube videos playback is very jerky with the latest t3ch build (rev8519). Has anyone else noticed this, I thought it might have something to do with the new mplayer.

I do come from the land of the slow internets (Ireland), but youtube plays back fine on my PC and reasonably well on previous builds of xbmc.

I have played around with the cache settings, but it does not seem to affect it. Does youtube2 use the XBMC cache settings?

It does not seem to cache at all for example if I pause the video for 30 seconds I will get smooth playback for about 30 seconds.

I even installed an older build of xbmc and it plays the same videos back smoothly.

If the issue was introduced when updating xbmc (and so mplayer.dll) then this most likely has something to do with the new mplayer.dll, maybe you should have a chat with those involved in that.
Hi,

Is was wondering if you could add the option to display more than 9 user favourite videos. I have many videos in my favourite list but only the latest 9 are displayed.
Can this be fixed or is it a limitation of the youtube site?
awesome app!
I feel the same way about saving the user settings. If I can save my personal user YouTube login instead of having to type my name every time, it'll be awesome.

Also, I notice from recent screenshots of the YouTube browser for Neuros OSD, there is a thumbnail icon next to each search result.
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41355

It would be way cool if the XBMC version can also display the thumbnail.
No matter what I do I can't get youtube to play on my xbox. Can anyone verify it still works for them? I've tried several builds, and neither Youtube1 or Youtube2 work properly for some reason. I even specifically tried 2-09 w/ Youtube 2. Youtube1 just sits there and does nothing when I select a video. Youtube2 starts playing the video very quickly and then always stops/exits back to the plugin then crashes eventually. Every single build I tried i get the same problems, and my dream is to play youtube on my xbox. What am I missing?
Nevermind , I got it working! woot!

For anyone else with the same problem (and I know other people like myself must be out there) the build that works with Youtube2 is T3CH 7-01.

enjoy!
Can somebody upload Youtube2 to rapidshare or similar as XBMC Scripts is down for the last few days and I forgot to keep it after upgrading XBMC.
Here you go. It works for me on the new XBMC

http://leedoyle.com/Uploads/youtube.zip
Many thanks for the upload.
Can I log in with my youtube user id?? If yes.. howHuh
I've tried but I didn't found the right place were to put user and password....
Thank you and sorry for my english...
I am having trouble with the youtube2 script. The script loads ok and shows the results of any searches I make, however I cannot view any of the videos. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest script of XBMCScripts (version 0.93) and I have one of the latest builds of XBMC. I was hoping somebody has a solution as I would really like to view youtube videos through my xbox.

Dan
dan_f14 Wrote:I am having trouble with the youtube2 script. The script loads ok and shows the results of any searches I make, however I cannot view any of the videos. I downloaded what I assume to be the latest script of XBMCScripts (version 0.93) and I have one of the latest builds of XBMC. I was hoping somebody has a solution as I would really like to view youtube videos through my xbox.

Dan
Just to add a qualification to my situation, I have managed to play a bit of a youtube video, perhaps 1 or 2 seconds before it crashed. Reading through the tv links thread a similar problem was due to the default player being the dvd player and not mplayer (the problem being the dvd player doesn't cache). I was wondering whether this is the same situation and if so is there a way to play the youtube videos through mplayer.

Dan
Fixed my problem. If anyone else has similar difficulties then I found on another thread a method to change the default player to MPLAYER.

"Originally Posted by gmackenz

Edit the default.py script by replacing

self.player = xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER)

with

self.player = xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER)"

I also changed my cache settings back to the default values and it all seems to be working fine again.
It seems that DVDPlayer doesn't use the cache any more... It seemed to be working in older builds. Is this a new bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script: YouTube20