picture slideshow
Hey guys, im new to this kodi thing and am trying to get it to be like our appletv, my wife wont let me get rid of it until I can get the screensaver to be set like the apple TV's slide show. ive enabled the correct add on for this, but im having trouble setting up where to get the pictures from. since im not connected to a computer I opened a "box" account and uploaded some pics to that and downloaded that app on the android and can access them when on the android home screen. please help me map this so the pictures come up while in kodi, or another wifi option for the slideshow pictures?
Why not save the photos to the local storage and browse to set the folder path of the photos?
I guess just because we've been spoiled with the apple TV since it just automatically streams any pictures my wife put in a certain folder on our laptop where she saves/edits her photos.
the local storage isn't very big either and I think its like 80% used up already just with the apps already.
seems like such a simple thing to have. I guess there is a reason you pay so much more for apple products.
What do you mean? How does the atv screensaver work? Does it get the photos from the icloud account?
the apple tv lets you stream anything from your laptop over wifi, you just have to enable "home sharing" in iTunes then the computer shows up in ATV and you can watch movies that you have in iTunes or songs, or pictures. but the pictures I believe just come from whatever you have in your shared folder over the cloud.
im really taking a beating at home over how "crappy" this new box is compared to the ATV haha I had no idea how much easier the apple stuff was though I have to admit. (haven't had a PC in like 10 years)
Does the device support USB drives?
-
or
-
You could you setup a networked share drive on the laptop and put your photos in there to stream, similar to the apple device?
(2015-11-27, 03:57)Corzy Wrote: the apple tv lets you stream anything from your laptop over wifi, you just have to enable "home sharing" in iTunes then the computer shows up in ATV and you can watch movies that you have in iTunes or songs, or pictures. but the pictures I believe just come from whatever you have in your shared folder over the cloud.
im really taking a beating at home over how "crappy" this new box is compared to the ATV haha I had no idea how much easier the apple stuff was though I have to admit. (haven't had a PC in like 10 years)

They probably come from the photos you have synced with icloud. That's something doable and actually a great idea for a screensaver. The pictures slideshow screensaver implements pretty much everything you need but requires that you have the files on disk. If I have time I'll look into it in the beginning of next week. Can't have a crack at it this weekend as I am pretty busy.
I'm pretty sure your right k4, it just uses pics that are on the iCloud, I can get pics up on the device thru Dropbox or box, but I can't figure out how to map them in kodi or even on the android box itself, it will let me upload pics from the android but won let me download them to the android haha seems simple to me but obviously not.
Thanks for looking into this
Ok guys, I decided to grab a usb drive and load some pics so I could get the screensaver to work, but maybe I'm mental because I can't get it to load up, if I go into pictures I can see them, but I can't seem to get the screensaver to find them....lil help?
Ok, I changed from multi slide show (has the Apple TV like setting) because it just gave a script error? Anyone else getting this?
The multi picture slideshow works no prob....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
picture slideshow0