Switch MKV audio streams / subtiles tracks?
i have .mkv video files with dual audio and embedded subtitles.

are these features already supported by xbmc ?

i tried switching the audio stream, without any result, and tried enabling the subtitles, without any result as well.
i'm using a 7 days old build, 2004-03-09.

guess i'll have to compile it myself... or wait Huh

thanks
im using the 2004-3-9 build too

i have a divx file(not sure what audio format its in) and i get the osd up ..i see that there is a stream1 and stream2 ..

when i move the remote up, left, right=nothing happens
down=highlights stream1 and immediately plays it

cant get to stream2.....plz help!
hmm the latest cvs code has fixed the divx dual stream problem ...i can now see both streams and select between them...pauses slightly..coz im over a network...but its great!

i have an mkv file with 2 audio streams but the second stream does not even appear in the osd..doh!

im using a 12-3-2004 build
i have an mkv with two streams and also only see one in the osd - what can i do to hear the other one? switch to an older build?
same problem here.

i still have my mkv files, and even with a 03-16 build, i am still unable to see the 2nd audio stream from the osd.

and i can't display the embedded subtitles.

so looks like it's fixed for divx, but not working for mkv... Huh
i also have that problem, does anyone know if this is in mplayer or in xbmc?

if mplayer, any information about mkv support?
mplayer copes with multiple audio and sub streams in mkv's no problem.

however support for this feature needs to be specifically coded into xbmc by one of the devs (even audio switching has never been implemented for mkv's).

hopefully we'll see support for this soon. i know i'm desperately waiting for it Smile
this is not a feature suggestion! this is a bug report!

i've just check with the 12 feb release and multi audio/multi subtitles were working... while they are no more with the 9 march.

could someone who compile him self xbmc say me if it is now corrected. otherwise we should introduce this in bug report.
(raydevos @ april 05 2004,22:48 Wrote:this is not a feature suggestion! this is a bug report!

i've just check with the 12 feb release and multi audio/multi subtitles were working... while they are no more with the 9 march.

could someone who compile him self xbmc say me if it is now corrected. otherwise we should introduce this in bug report.
please take the time to read threads properly.

this post concerns matroska files, not avi or ogm containers.

are you saying that in the 12th feb build multiple audio/sub streams work fine for matroska files?

afaik support for this has never been implemented at any stage. however i'll check out the build from the 12 feb to make sure. i compile myself by the way.

also the build from the 9th march is way way out of date now. audio switching in general for ogm and avi files has been fixed and broken again and fixed again since then in cvs. as of today it's working fine.
there is no support for switching tracks (subs/audio) on mkv files at the moment, i'm trying to dig through the code to get it to work, but mplayers code is not very easy to tap into.

regards
elupus
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks dude...we all really appreciate the hard work u guys put in...
when this is done there will be lots of happy anime fans out there Smile
great to hear that someone's working on this.

thanks elupus. it'll make many people very happy :d
hello.

i've mkv files wich have 2 audios and subtitle, but, in xbmc,
only one audio is see, and no subtitles are displayed.
(jpsdr @ may 05 2004,08:59 Wrote:i've mkv files wich have 2 audios and subtitle, but, in xbmc,
only one audio is see, and no subtitles are displayed.
no, it's not a bug, it's to implemented/coded yet so no wonder you can't do it Image (ps! i merged your thread into exising feature request)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch MKV audio streams / subtiles tracks?0