Kodi way too big on duplicate setting. (15.2)
Hello,

I searched the forum and can't seem to find a solution to the problem.

So previously, the way I set up kodi is by duplicating the monitor and TV (both run on 1080p). It worked fine, and then I got an AV Receiver and a 5.1 set up, and now if I turn kodi while the screen is duplicated, it only shows half of kodi (top half, you can't see past the bottom half after the selections). Image

However, if I disable the monitor, and then reboot the PC and starts Kodi on the TV, it works fine. If I disable the monitor but didn't restart PC, kodi on TV will be like that too. I tried re-scaling it, updating my gpu driver, etc and nothing has worked so far. I've played around every setting on the receiver and nothing's changed.

Kodi: 15.2
Win10 64bit
CPU AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T
RAM 16GB

Thanks everyone, cheers
Can you press "\" twice and see if that fixes your issue?
(2015-12-09, 10:49)k4sh1n Wrote: Can you press "\" twice and see if that fixes your issue?

Hi thanks for reply,

I tried that and no it did not fix it.. although in the windowed mode everything showed up, but as soon as I press it again and go full screen its the same as the pic.

I tried changing the resolution to 1050p and I can see the whole screen, but now there's black edges (pretty noticeable).
Tried the 720p and 900p and it also works.

I'm just wondering why with the 1080p there's a huge jump in size. I still can't get it to work in 1080p.

PS: I'm using an old ATI HD5970 gpu if that makes a difference...

Cheers
Can you see if there is in the ATI CCC panel scaling options?

If you do can you change the overscan to 0 and see if you have a difference
(2015-12-10, 06:20)k4sh1n Wrote: Can you see if there is in the ATI CCC panel scaling options?

If you do can you change the overscan to 0 and see if you have a difference

Set the overscan to 0 and its still the same... If I watch youtube (even in full screen) or play games from steam the image fits perfectly. It seems the problem is isolated to just Kodi...
Just a suggestion.. are your display settings set to Extend rather than Duplicate by any chance? I imagine this would cause this exact issue.

Try press Windows Key + P and make sure it's set to Duplicate.
Right click on desktop>Personalize>Set size of text and other items, try setting this to 100% if it's not there already.

EDIT: There were a bunch of posts about this when Windows 10 first came out, try a search if above doesn't fix it.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Try switching the setting called something like "use fake full screen", probably under Settings -> System -> Video output. I forget if it needs a specific setting, or just turning it on and off helps fix the screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi way too big on duplicate setting. (15.2)0