Neon for Jarvis (KodiTV 16) - Is there One?
Greetings,

Long, long time user of the Neon skin. I am still running Gotham and figure its pointless upgrading to Isengard because Jarvis is just around the corner.

The trouble with upgrades has always been skins, so I'd like to ask if there is any work being done for a Jarvis release?

Thanks
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
The work-around I am using is to install Isengard 15.2 and have Neon installed, then install Jarvis beta 4. It installs using Neon, and I have no issues with anything. I am going with this until the skin is updated. Worth a try anyway!
I second this - I'm still on Gotham as well on my main HTPC because my wife/family is used to Neon. I did a fresh install of Isengard 15.2 on another computer this weekend and was able to install Neon, but it still won't allow me to properly add sources. (I have a thread in this forum about that though)

I can't upgrade the main HTPC to Jarvis until Neon is working with it, and I don't know how to contribute to getting Neon working, because I have no skinning experience.... I could contribute to anything graphical/artwork or organization though if that's needed... just would like to see Neon get on Jarvis ASAP.
im also waiting for neon to be available on jarvis. can we expect it anytime soon?
I also wish I could contribute more in the skinning department. Unfortuantely, I am no coder and struggle to understand how most of the skinning process works. Lets hope someone with the skills can help us out.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
with my limited knowledge of xml, i edited neon to make it compatible with kodi 16. this is just the bare minimum to make it compatible. it now works with kodi 16. anyone who wants to can use this until we get an official update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l89wnw29dl786yn/neon.zip?dl=0

enjoy Big Grin
1. Open the Neon Skin addon file (skin.neon-x.x.x.zip) with an archiving utility, such as 7-Zip.
2. Right-click on the "addon.xml" file in the root of the decompressed archive, and click "Edit".
3. Change the gui version from 5.8.0 to 5.10.0.
4. Save the file.
5. Close the file.
6. Select "Yes" when prompted to update the archive with the edited file.
7. Close 7-Zip.
8. You can now install the skin manually using "Install from zip file" option in the addon manager.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xb4jo71jqv9on6...1.zip?dl=0
+1 for the awesome Neon skin compatible with 16
AustinSMU's tweaks do make it work when installed by zip file into Kodi 16 RC3, however I am having an issue with pulling up the "info" for movies. Hitting 'i" does nothing now, as if the window cannot be located to be pulled up on screen.

All in all, Neon on Jarvis has some initial functionality, but we're going to need to devote some time and effort to getting it fully up and running on Jarvis. I wish I knew more about skinning... (and had time)
I hate to say it, but I doubt Neon is really going to come together for Jarvis... Although I appreciate the work AustinSMU, I'm discovering more and more issues with Neon in Jarvis, to the point where I'm just going to have to switch to something else. Kib seems really pressed for time these days, and no one seems to be stepping up to the plate, so I think Neon is unfortunately dying out...

Is there anyone who can step up to the plate and help keep Neon going? Can we put a team together and work together on this? Maybe one person do graphics, one person do skinning, help each other out? If I can devote some time in the coming months, I will try to do my part.
Been playing around a bit .. and I've got Neon working properly on jarvis 16.1.
Made a few little tweaks.
- Information screen works. (pressing I in either movie or TV show mode or during playback)
- not fixed : set content to new sources . So best is to set all your sources / content right first, and then switch.
- Added some more studio icons.
- Replaced the "HD Ready 1080" with HD 1080 icon. (been bugging me for years Smile )
- Fixed movies submenu so that when you press down the first selection one is "last added"
- Brightened background on episode level with Mediatype2 view (so you can read properly, but still enjoy the nice fanart)

If anyone is still interested, let me know and I'll upload it.
Still the best skin for my tastes, been playing around a bit now met aeon mq7 ..very nice ... but I'm fussy, and can't get some little things like I want to Smile
If you can upload the code somewhere I can addd the code to the repo.

Or better yet, submit a PR that adds the jarvis compatibility.
I'm going to sound stupid here ..but what is a PR ?
(2016-12-17, 19:17)aneurysm- Wrote: Been playing around a bit .. and I've got Neon working properly on jarvis 16.1.
- Information screen works. (pressing I in either movie or TV show mode or during playback)
- not fixed : set content to new sources . So best is to set all your sources / content right first, and then switch.
- Replaced the "HD Ready 1080" with HD 1080 icon. (been bugging me for years Smile )
- Fixed movies submenu so that when you press down the first selection one is "last added"
- Brightened background on episode level with Mediatype2 view (so you can read properly, but still enjoy the nice fanart)

Still the best skin for my tastes, been playing around a bit now met aeon mq7 ..very nice ... but I'm fussy, and can't get some little things like I want to Smile

Please do!
(2016-12-17, 19:17)aneurysm- Wrote: Been playing around a bit .. and I've got Neon working properly on jarvis 16.1.

It really must be Christmas Smile I also think it is one of the best skins and I haven't upgraded because I can't use Neon. Many thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon for Jarvis (KodiTV 16) - Is there One?1