Static sound using passthrough on FireTV 4K
Hello all, this is my first post here, so bear with me.

I have a FireTV4k running Kodi (i've done all this testing with both 15.2 and 16b4) and every time i try to play a movie that has either a DD or DTS track using passthrough, i get white noise. When i switch to non-passthrough, audio works fine. My receiver is a Denon AVR-X1200W and supports those formats.

My connection is as follows: FireTV -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-X1200W -> HDMI -> TV

I have tested this with the following settings on the FireTV:

Dolby Digital Plus Automatic
Dolby Digital Plus HDMI
Dolby Digital HDMI (this setting is new after the 5.0.4 release)

with the same results.

The strange thing is my receiver is showing that the output from the FireTV is PCM as opposed to the bitstream.

Content from other native apps work (Amazon, Netflix ) and is sending out DD / DD+ as expected.

For giggles I hooked up my old FireTV (gen 1) and the same issue occurs using HDMI. Passthrough works as expected if I use the optical connection.

So to me, it looks to be an issue with trying to get passthrough to work over HDMI.
Feels like I am following you around all the different forums, lol.
I am having the same issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I got 5.04 installed yesterday and all seems to be working well with Kodi again.
Seems weird that you are having the same issue with your 1st gen FTV.
Maybe re-check your settings in Kodi or do a clean install of Kodi.
Yeah, I just did a reset to factory settings on the FireTV and did a new installation of Kodi and have the same result. Super frustrating ...
I stumbled across this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2170042

Looks like it's a combination of how kodi currently outputs passthrough and certain receivers. I guess i'll have to live without passthrough for a while.
In case someone sees this thread, the Kodi team is working on the issue:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Static sound using passthrough on FireTV 4K0