kodi on firestick
does anybody know how to update the kodi program on a amazon firestick as i cannot find out how thanks in advance nick
(2015-12-19, 18:14)nickoscfc1 Wrote: does anybody know how to update the kodi program on a amazon firestick as i cannot find out how thanks in advance nick
I download it on my phone a new then send it to the Stick using ES Explorer. Once there. Just click to install. Should overwrite current version without deleting your settings. I have had no problems but you could always use the Backup add-on first. You can also use ES Explorer to get files off of your network or cloud storage. Good luck and let us know how it goes
Moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-12-19, 18:14)nickoscfc1 Wrote: does anybody know how to update the kodi program on a amazon firestick as i cannot find out how thanks in advance nick

How did you install it? Via adbfire?

Easiest way I have found is just to use the command line adb tool and do an adb install -r NameOfKodiAPKFile.apk.

If you do have adbfire installed I can provide more details on using the adb command to complete the update, just let me know.
I updated kodi on my firestick by going into amazon firestick settings then apps. I clicked install and the installed did not overwrite my existing kodi . now I have 2 different separate versions of kodi installed. can anyone tell me how to delete one of them? thanks. trying but im very new to this. it may help to let you know my stick came jailbroken with kodi 14.something running tvmc.all add ons on on that version . latest version of kodi is emplty
That figures.
I recommend installing Firestarter via Adbfire. Firestarter is a FireTV home replacement screen which allows sideload apps easy access. One new feature is the ability to install kodi directly from it. As far as to uninstall Kodi you can do this in settings>manage applications, click on Kodi one the options is to uninstall.
(2016-01-26, 02:20)seavote Wrote: I updated kodi on my firestick by going into amazon firestick settings then apps. I clicked install and the installed did not overwrite my existing kodi . now I have 2 different separate versions of kodi installed. can anyone tell me how to delete one of them? thanks. trying but im very new to this. it may help to let you know my stick came jailbroken with kodi 14.something running tvmc.all add ons on on that version . latest version of kodi is emplty

You have a unofficial version of Kodi which is banned from this forum and not supported due to the fact it promotes and includes piracy add-ons.

1) Uninstall this version in the android system settings.

2) When you require support start your own thread, do not try to hijack somebody else's.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi on firestick0