How to totally uninstall Kodi and start over
Back in December I downloaded a Kodi set up from an online HTPC builder. This was supposed to give me a ready to run replacement for WMC. After using it for a week and putting up with numerous problems and crashes I uninstalled it. My problem is when I download and install Kodi from this site some of the settings and addons still show up. I tried to uninstall Kodi from the control panel and also deleted it from the X86 program files but the problem still is there. How can I totally remove Kodi and start over with a fresh download. It seems like there are some files I am not getting removed. I tried a fresh download of 15.2 yesterday and when it started up all of the settings from the previous set up were there. I did not have to set up a PVR client or tell it what files to scan for movies etc. Help I just want to start over from scratch. Before I downloaded the HTPC set up deal I was running Kodi 15.2 with NextPvr and it was working fine. The HTPC setup had many bells and whistles and was impressive looking but caused nothing but problems for me.
find the userdata folder and wipe it
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You probably have something left in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi - its a hidden directory.
Hit the start button and type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata to see it, or enable hidden files in explorer and navigate to it.
Delete that folder.
If you want to try different settings without removing what you already have you could use portable mode. That way all data stays in the same folder.
Thanks guys. After the wife is done watching her shows I will delete the files.
(2016-01-13, 17:17)Martijn Wrote: find the userdata folder and wipe it
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

(2016-01-13, 17:22)trogggy Wrote: You probably have something left in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi - its a hidden directory.
Hit the start button and type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata to see it, or enable hidden files in explorer and navigate to it.
Delete that folder.
If you want to try different settings without removing what you already have you could use portable mode. That way all data stays in the same folder.

Guys, thanks for the advice and help. This morning I deleted the user data files and all files pertaining to Kodi including the x86 program files and uninstalled it and did a clean install of Jarvis 16.5. So far everything seems to be working as it should. Since doing this my memory usage with Kodi running has went from 65-70% of total memory to 40-45%. I am running 4 gig currently on a i7-2600 system. Evidently there was something running in the background causing all of my problems. Before the HTPC setup down load I had been running 15.2 with either NextPVR or WMC as my DVR and had very few issues. After the download I started having all kinds of issues with the computer, lockups, shut downs, restarts for no reason. a I am guessing something was corrupted in the download set up. I spoke to the supplier many times and could not get the issues resolved. On another note since I installed the HTPC download my wife complained that our other desktop computer was running very slow and acting strange. After uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi this morning she claims the desktop is acting normally. Only thing in common is they are both on my home network. The desktop has access to my network toners but does not have Kodi installed on it. Is it possible that there was some thing on the downloaded program that could effect both computers through the router? seems unlickly but you never know. Again thanks for the help. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to totally uninstall Kodi and start over0