Forum Rule Clarification
Since when did asking for a developers services (possibly paid) for Kodi addon development break forum rules?

e.g.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213667
it doesn't. will move it back, thanx for the heads-up!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Out of interest, does anyone know of any time that those 1st-post addon dev advertisements was legit?
(2016-01-17, 01:23)Karnagious Wrote: Out of interest, does anyone know of any time that those 1st-post addon dev advertisements was legit?

i've taken on several skinning jobs this way (either through such forum posts or by companies contacting me directly by PM).
... and so have many other skinners.

i think it's pretty cool when companies reach out to the kodi community to offer up (temporary) paid employment.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Out of interest, what sort of companies use Kodi skins? And why would they not put their name in the post?
(2016-01-17, 01:23)Karnagious Wrote: Out of interest, does anyone know of any time that those 1st-post addon dev advertisements was legit?

I've done a few bespoke addons in my time Smile
(2016-01-17, 10:38)spoyser Wrote:

Out of interest, , what do they pay?
(2016-01-16, 21:10)spoyser Wrote: Since when did asking for a developers services (possibly paid) for Kodi addon development break forum rules?

e.g.

At about the same time I received a PM asking me to build a less than legal addon. I saw that both were Ca IPs and just assumed and binned the one I saw in the forum. Looking at them now, they're different but I don't really believe in coincidences. Barely a week goes by where I don't get some offer to build an illegal addon.
(2016-01-17, 16:08)learningit Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 21:10)spoyser Wrote: Since when did asking for a developers services (possibly paid) for Kodi addon development break forum rules?

e.g.

At about the same time I received a PM asking me to build a less than legal addon. I saw that both were Ca IPs and just assumed and binned the one I saw in the forum. Looking at them now, they're different but I don't really believe in coincidences. Barely a week goes by where I don't get some offer to build an illegal addon.

Illegal addons don't excist.I think there are 0 addons which contain illegal content, they all link to. So is a addon illegal?...no, don't think so
Depends on how you look at it. It could be seen as helping to facilitate accessing such content, especially if there's money involved. That might not be an issue for the end-user, but it could be for an add-on author.
(2016-01-18, 18:32)misa Wrote: Illegal addons don't excist.I think there are 0 addons which contain illegal content, they all link to. So is a addon illegal?...no, don't think so

Isn't that the same as torrent trackers such as The Pirate Bay? yet the authorities seems to have no problems in labelling these as illegal and seizing assets such as the servers the service runs on.
Wow, did all the folks in the forum get tin-foil hats for Christmas? Half are wearing them, other other half are twisting them into crack pipes.
(2016-01-17, 13:39)Karnagious Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 10:38)spoyser Wrote:

Money usually.
(2016-01-18, 19:39)Hitcher Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 13:39)Karnagious Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 10:38)spoyser Wrote: I've done a few bespoke addons in my time Smile

Money usually.

Yep, usually that Smile
(2016-01-18, 18:32)misa Wrote: Illegal addons don't excist.I think there are 0 addons which contain illegal content, they all link to. So is a addon illegal?...no, don't think so

To keep it simple, in this case 'illegal' means 'not allowed on this forum'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Rule Clarification0