Kodi and Windows 10
I have been thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 on my HTPC. At the same time I plan on installing a SSD in place of the existing HDD. My question is how are you dealing with the Windows updates that happen without your consent. Is there any to totally turn off the updates so you can pick and choose and install them when you want? I have just about got Kodi working to suit the wife and figured that the SSD along with the extra 4Gb memory I just installed should speed it up and help eliminate crashes etc. My concern is that when the wife wants to watch TV or movies and Windows does an update when she starts it up that she will have to log into the computer than start Kodi and NextPVR. You can all guess the outcome of that. Right now with my universal remote all she has to do to start it is push the button to start HTPC and the TV starts, switches to correct input, receiver starts and switches to correct input and HTPC wakes up and Kodi goes directly to live TV. Is there any real advantages to using Windows 10 with a HTPC? I guess I could just install Windows 7 on the SSD when I install it and run it until something better comes along. I just wanted to take advantage of the free upgrade to 10 that Microsoft is offering.
What I have done is to go into controlpanel;admintools;services and disable windows update. That takes care of it. Every week or 2 when I have the time I enable it and then run update 2 or 3 times to make sure it is up to date and then turn it off again. I tried leaving it on, but it really messes up my stuff as it is trying to do restarts and so forth. Been doing this now for quite a while with no trouble
fisherman, thanks for the reply. That is what I needed to know. As I said the restarts would be a show stopper for me as the wife would not put up with it. Kodi NextPVR still has a ways to go to replace WMC as far as ease of use but it is getting better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Windows 100