Sparrows Law
No matter the topic, if a thread on the Kodi forum is popular enough, it will eventually devolve into some sort of discussion about illegal addons.
Not if we see it... Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Did you say illegal addons? Bin it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Did we just make up the name of this law? Because if so, given the history of Kodi, I think it should be called the Bird Scene Law.
(2016-01-20, 00:26)Martijn Wrote: Do not start to insult me you big baby

It's not about insulting Martijn, it's the way you can react on some discussions, a bit more friendly will make you a hapier person, that's all.
(2016-01-20, 00:30)misa Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 00:26)Martijn Wrote: Do not start to insult me you big baby

It's not about insulting Martijn, it's the way you can react on some discussions, a bit more friendly will make you a hapier person, that's all.

Do you offer life advice as a profession?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Heh, are we now just moving all posts that are derailing threads with discussions of illegal addons over to this one?

That might just be the best solution; removes the conversation from the original thread and doesnt spam the general forum with a new (tired) discussion.
I'm not even sure which thread is what, but meh.

Quote:It's easy to watch pirated movies or any other pirated content on Youtube, it's not rocket science to find them and play it

Then there is an argument and closing of threads... All of you are weird.

misa, you are correct, but that's why the pirate policy has 4B ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...acy_Policy ). I don't know why people jumped on your back for talking about this. It's a fair point. YouTube has a ton of copyright violating content. It's just that YouTube isn't designed around such content (as in, most content is okay), and they take reasonable efforts to remove violating content, etc.

We're all just having a friendly conversation about things. If someone seems to react and close a thread, maybe they were anticipating things going in a bad direction. That's okay. The important thing is that people make more crazy/disturbing fanart of Captain Picard playing with puppies. Don't let it bother you.

Engage.
(2016-01-20, 06:54)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not even sure which thread is what, but meh.

Quote:It's easy to watch pirated movies or any other pirated content on Youtube, it's not rocket science to find them and play it

Then there is an argument and closing of threads... All of you are weird.

misa, you are correct, but that's why the pirate policy has 4B ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...acy_Policy ). I don't know why people jumped on your back for talking about this. It's a fair point. YouTube has a ton of copyright violating content. It's just that YouTube isn't designed around such content (as in, most content is okay), and they take reasonable efforts to remove violating content, etc.

We're all just having a friendly conversation about things. If someone seems to react and close a thread, maybe they were anticipating things going in a bad direction. That's okay. The important thing is that people make more crazy/disturbing fanart of Captain Picard playing with puppies. Don't let it bother you.

Engage.

Thanks, I am and was not promoting to watch that kind of content on Youtube, I only wanted to discuss a fair point that Youtube as a addon that has it.
There's a difference between a add-on that links to content that might have pirated material like YouTube, which has it's own piracy policies, and an add-on that links to a site that facilitates piracy.

The "facilitating" is what becomes the differentiator.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-01-20, 10:07)Tinwarble Wrote: There's a difference between a add-on that links to content that might have pirated material like YouTube, which has it's own piracy policies, and an add-on that links to a site that facilitates piracy.

Exactly this. The difference is the key.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2016-01-20, 21:00)Piers Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 10:07)Tinwarble Wrote: There's a difference between a add-on that links to content that might have pirated material like YouTube, which has it's own piracy policies, and an add-on that links to a site that facilitates piracy.

So youtube hosting illegal videos is fine... what about a plugin that only lists the illegal youtube videos? or a youtube playlist only containing illegal links?

When does site TOS come into play?

Proxy around a sites TOS is a no no, yet all other terms of service can be broken... why is that?

BTW playing devil's advocate here...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
shhhh, /me is hunting sparrows...
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-01-20, 22:07)MrMC Wrote: shhhh, /me is hunting sparrows...

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-20, 21:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 21:00)Piers Wrote:

So youtube hosting illegal videos is fine... what about a plugin that only lists the illegal youtube videos? or a youtube playlist only containing illegal links?

When does site TOS come into play?

Proxy around a sites TOS is a no no, yet all other terms of service can be broken... why is that?

BTW playing devil's advocate here...

Personally if say intent comes in here. It the add-on is deliberately to provide illegal stuff from a general site then it's banned. However if the intent is to provide general access but the user deliberately uses it for accessing illegal stuff then the add-on is OK (although a discussion with the author may be in order) but a request from the user for help in their access of the illegal stuff gets binned.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sparrows Law0