Kodi lag freezes parts of system, but not the rest
Sometimes, with no regularity that I've been able to find, starting videos or browsing various folders through Kodi causes it to hang for a while before it will respond. While it's "stuck", I can move the mouse, usually switch windows with alt-tab and do some things. But pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC both hang with Kodi as does any link I click in Chrome or any new tab. Once Kodi releases and proceeds with playing the video or showing a folder the tabs or links I opened in Chrome suddenly work, the task manager suddenly opens and angels sing.

What gives? I was using XBMC something, but just updated to the newest Kodi.

Everynow and then it also buffers on local files which drives me CRAZY. What do I do?
Do you have any USB flash drive or memory card attached to your PC? If yes, remove them and try again
Wasn't USB drives... it seems my hard drive is starting to crap out... maybe. I've pulled all the data off, wiped it and now I'm running disk utils and checks to see if it's still usable. Otherwise a new drive seems to be the only answer.
Download CrystalDiskInfo and if it reports the disk is Yellow (caution) or Red, just toss it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi lag freezes parts of system, but not the rest0