Win Isengard and Jarvis Freeze/Crash on Quit
Been having this issue since moving to Windows 10. Both Isengard and now Jarvis frequently white screen freeze or just hang whenever I try to Quit to desktop from Kodi. I run other things on my PC and sometimes need to close Kodi to tinker or update Windows. I choose to force quit the process and the next boot everything seems to be fine. I'm just wondering if there's a fix or if what I'm doing is harming my install in any way.
Debug Log?
Are you sure they're freezing?

Some add-ons and functions like a MySQL database (if present) can take a while to update everything and close things down when you exit Kodi, which can make it seem like it's crashed when it's just busy tidying up after itself.

How long have you left it? And if you try a clean install (temporarily rename your kodi folder in %APPDATA% to something else, do a test run and then afterwards delete the new kodi folder and rename the old one back) does it still have the issue?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have same problem. Sometimes it freezes for about 10 seconds. Sometimes it freeze the whole computer for an hour and I have to hold the power button to turn off without proper shutdown. My laptop is Lenovo W541 with 16GB RAM
Next time the full freeze happens gather the debug log (wiki) (grab both the current and previous "old" one) and upload them and post a link to then (the Log Uploader add-on detailed in the link can do both and supply the URLs).

The 10s one sounds like it's busy doing something as I mentioned above, but the other sounds like a genuine issue
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-24, 12:46)DarrenHill Wrote: Next time the full freeze happens gather the debug log (wiki) (grab both the current and previous "old" one) and upload them and post a link to then (the Log Uploader add-on detailed in the link can do both and supply the URLs).

The 10s one sounds like it's busy doing something as I mentioned above, but the other sounds like a genuine issue

Finally had it freeze again. Always seems like the second I report an issue with something the problem becomes less frequent or goes away. Anyways, below are my logs (both old and current) currently on xbmclogs:

Old: http://goo.gl/OGScHa

Current: http://goo.gl/Pik9Di

The logs are set to expire after one month unless there is a more permanent way to post them without bombing a post with a pile of text
Also of note, it seems to happen after I turn on my AV and TV while Kodi and the PC have been left on and running. When everything comes back on and I have a picture, Kodi no longer plays any sound and in some cases a video played in this state when I'm not aware its happened will hang the program too. It seems the issue might be a problem not tolerating the disconnect and reconnect of the HDMI signal. Not sure if this happened due to a change in Windows 10 or not because I used to do this all the time on Win 7 with no issue since i started using Kodi beginning with Frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard and Jarvis Freeze/Crash on Quit0